Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No sound from radio

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound from radio

Hi all. I have a 1996 Suburban. I cranked up the radio the other day a little too far and the sound went. All of the fuses are ok, the clock and the radio station display all show fine. The speakers have a slight hum but that's it. Is there a reset or something I can do? I have never heard of blowing all of the speakers at once.

Thanks in advance,

Larry
Old November 20th, 2006, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No sound from radio

our work suburbie is the same year and It almost does the same thing. I can hear a wierd elctronic clicking noise behind the dash and the radio cuts in and out and so does the clock but most of the time the clock holds the correct time so I assume that the 12 volt constant is not the prob also even tho the radio does not work and the clock is gone I can push one of my station presets and it will change to that station when ever it decides to come back on. I would like to know if any one else has an old 96er that does the same thing. I will post a new topic describing how many problems this 96 is having, its getting to be rediculous.