Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Puddle light supposed to work on exit or not - confused

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2007, 4:52 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Puddle light supposed to work on exit or not - confused

[sm=wtf.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old March 23rd, 2007, 6:00 PM
CF Active Member

exactly what I was thinking...is he serious? LOL
Old March 23rd, 2007, 7:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't say it was a mental leap. It just shouldn't be necessary.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 7:46 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

If you guys want to make the puddle lamps illuminate upon exit it's simple to set yourself, here's how:

Park the vehicle in a dark area (at night), turn the ignition key on-off-on-off-on-off and then leave it on.
next open the drivers door and exit the vehicle and then go around and open all four doors and the liftgate starting at the rear left passenger door and going counter-clock-wise, then get back in vehicle and turn the key off-on-off-on-off and then leave it on once again, now put the transmission in "Low-1" then back into "Park" then into "Drive" and leave it there, now set the parking brake and exit the vehicle and close all the doors and the liftgate starting at the passenger side and going clock-wise.
Next using the transmitter hit the lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock and then hold all buttons down simultaneously for 15 seconds until the reverse lights go out and there you have it.
One last thing though; you have only 10 seconds to complete this procedure so you may need to practice a couple of times to get it right.

Enjoy!

Hey thanks...worked like a charm!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right
Old March 23rd, 2007, 9:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the light came on every time,people would besaying "how do I turn off the light? I can't open the door in front of my girlfriends house without waking up her husband." Whatever GM does, they will never make everyone happy.

What GM has done with these lights makes logical sense -- they havemadeitso that thelights come on when you are approaching thevehicleso you can see under it when it has been sitting for a while and you don't know what's there. When you have just parked, youcould see what was there while you were driving up, so you shouldn't need the light. And as others pointed out, the light doesn't enhance the viewfrom inside the truck all that much. Anyway, if you aren't sure, just hit the unlock button on the remote that's right there in your hand for a better look.

Sometimes a better look is actually called for >>>> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5e_1174635040
Old March 23rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
CF Junior Member

While we're griping about lights here, why aren't there any footwell lights on the new Hoes? Even my ancient K5 has footwell lights?
Old December 13th, 2018, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I'm late to the party lol. I understand what some of you are saying, yes it's not a big deal. However some of us would like our cars to do a little more with what they are equipped with. Is that so wrong? Now I've seen other cars like Dodge/Chrysler, and Ford where the courtesy / puddle lights come on come every time you open a door on the vehicle. So the next question would be. Does anyone know how to tap a wire or relay for the courtesy/puddle lights to the relay or wire that turns the dome lights on anytime you open the doors?? I know this will take a GM tech or automotive electrical genius.
The following users liked this post:
templar2b1ask1 (March 3rd, 2022)