Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2015, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 tahoe radio problems

I also have a problem with a Tahoe radio. In my case the radio plays at a low volume level presumably the last level it was at when still working properly but it is like the radio has locked up. I get no display and none of the buttons function or change anything. Does the radio have a reset button somewhere that anyone knows of?
Old December 30th, 2015, 3:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default What in the world

I just replaced the factory radio with another factory radio in my 03 suburban. They are identical radios but I have no sound with the newer one. Reconnected the old one....works fine ....am I missing something?
If Bose system then start with the plugs under the center console going to the amplifier, a loose connecter here is commonly the problem.[/QUOTE]
Old September 1st, 2016, 4:43 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Mine does the same thing and I have not figured it out yet. I unplug the 30 amp fuse under the hood, for radio amp and it works for a day or two.
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Radio issue

Originally Posted by rldtahoe
When I start the Tahoe, at times, the radio speakers will not work. The radio functions normal, but no sound comes out of the speakers. Has any one else had this problem?
have you gotten an answer because my radio started doing that a few days ago
Old February 7th, 2017, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio

I had the same issue on my 04 Tahoe z71. 9 times out of 10 it's the amp that is bad. I disconnected the amp all together and I haven't any issues with it again
Old October 26th, 2018, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SquirellyTahoe
Occassionally, when I get in my 04 Tahoe Z71 (Bose) the radio will not produce sound although it will appear to be working fine. There is a clicking noise that I hear from the front driver corner of the dash that is very cyclic about once per second. If I hear that sound, the radio will not produce sound. Sometimes I can turn off the truck, open the door, remove the key, fiddle with the memory seats, and then turn it back on and it will start working. Other times when that doesn't work, it may spontaneously come on after several minutes. It seems worse when it is warm or hot out. I suspect something with the amp but thought I would check with the forum...

Thanks.
Silence is Not Golden...

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.
Old June 17th, 2021, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Chevy 4 door crew cab Silverado Boise radio

Hi I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado with the Boise speakers. When we first got the truck the radio didn't work or at least we thought it didnt. We tried new speakers with no luck. The radio itself was on we just aren't getting any sound from the speakers. Then we bought a set of headphones to plug into the back part of the center console for the back seat and it would work quiet well but only one person could Herat it. so we bought a Bluetooth speaker in order to listen to the radio because the radio works but speakers don't work. Then it started to work every now and then. yesterday the speakers scared the crap out of me when it suddenly began working perfectly it was around 90 degrees here. Today it work as long as it was hot outside once it started to cool down the speakers would no longer work. we can't figure out why they aren't working we've checked wires connections and everything. They only work when they want to. Please help before my husband goes texas chainsaw massacre on my truck.
Old January 26th, 2023, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rldtahoe
When I start the Tahoe, at times, the radio speakers will not work. The radio functions normal, but no sound comes out of the speakers. Has any one else had this problem?
I have the same problem as above. I own a 2003 GMC Yukon with 319,000 miles. Still in mint condition. My radio display comes on and changes channels but nothing comes out the speakers. I installed a new amplifier but that did not fix the problem. It is not until it heats up some 30 minutes later where I will hear a pop noise, the speakers put out sound. I did notice that when the radio is not working, my key in the ignition chimes does not work and my seat set button also does not work. In addition, my radio holes 6 cds, and when I use the steering wheel button to change CD's I do not hear it working. I can change radio channels as if the radio is working but nothing comes out of the speakers until it heats up. My mechanic thinks it has to do the cars electrical system and not the radio. Anyone have any ideas???
Old January 26th, 2023, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

I am new to this site. I have the same problem as above. I own a 2003 GMC Yukon with 319,000 miles. Still in mint condition. My radio display comes on and changes channels but nothing comes out the speakers. I installed a new amplifier but that did not fix the problem. It is not until it heats up some 30 minutes later where I will hear a pop noise, the speakers put out sound. I did notice that when the radio is not working, my key in the ignition chimes does not work and my seat set button also does not work. In addition, my radio holes 6 cds, and when I use the steering wheel button to change CD's I do not hear it working. I can change radio channels as if the radio is working but nothing comes out of the speakers until it heats up. My mechanic thinks it has to do the cars electrical system and not the radio. Anyone have any ideas???