Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear heat/ac control display

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear heat/ac control display

Hi all, new to the forum...

Just bought a used 2007 Suburban LT with all the options except the NAV. 60k miles.

Just noticed last night that the rear heat/ac control digital display, located at the back of the front center console, is so dim that I can barely see it. At first glance, it looks like it is not working at all. I have to cup my hands over it and look real close to see if the rear seat heat is on, etc.

The control buttons work fine for everything, it's just the display that is not working.

Wondering if there is a contrast/brightness adjustment somewhere for this, or if it has just failed.

If it is bad, is this a dealer only item? Where can I look up a part number?

Thanks for the help...

Pete
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Haven't checked but does the dash dimmer also turn these down? Might check. It's the little know to the left of the steering wheel that you push in to pop it out and rotate to dim or brighten the lites.
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

Haven't checked but does the dash dimmer also turn these down? Might check. It's the little know to the left of the steering wheel that you push in to pop it out and rotate to dim or brighten the lites.
Thanks for the reply-

I tried adjusting the dash dimmer, didn't seem to make any difference... I thought that was the problem at first, because I had the dash dimmed down to it's lowest setting. I turned it back up to bright, but the display on the rear control is still so faint that it looks off at first glance...

Pete
Old February 8th, 2011, 5:48 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I checked mine and the dimmer has no apparent effect on the RSE illumination.
Old May 12th, 2011, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

I am having this same problem if anyone has any ideas. Just bought a 2007 LTZ today
Old May 13th, 2011, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Got a quote from the dealership for the part as $304.50 - does that sounds about right? I believe that is the entire assembly that has the *****, a/c and audio buttons, and the display. I am assuming mine is bad since I can't seem to find any sort of fix anywhere on the net
Old May 13th, 2011, 3:51 PM
Administrator

Get the P/N and then check it at gmpartsdirect.com.
Old May 16th, 2011, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Get the P/N and then check it at gmpartsdirect.com.
$139 on that website. I am going to order it..now if I can just get the cover off without breaking it. I can easily get the tabs on the top popped up - but the rest seems to be stuck in there pretty good. Any tips for removing this? How many clips does it have and where are they?
Old May 17th, 2011, 2:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

gamecock,

Please be sure to keep us updated when the issue has been taken care of. If you have any questions please contact Jeff directly.

Thank you,
Caron, Chevrolet Customer Service

Originally Posted by gamecock
Got a quote from the dealership for the part as $304.50 - does that sounds about right? I believe that is the entire assembly that has the *****, a/c and audio buttons, and the display. I am assuming mine is bad since I can't seem to find any sort of fix anywhere on the net
Old June 2nd, 2011, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Same issue here on an 08 Suburban LTZ that I just purchased. Mine has no *****, just buttons. Rear heated seats, auto air settings, source, vol, etc.... Is this a common issue?

Quick Reply: Rear heat/ac control display