Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Top Vent Airflow

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2017, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Top Vent Airflow

Hello everyone. I have a rear airflow problem with my 2002 Suburban.

Hot/Cold are fine.
Bottom rear blows like a hurricane.
Absolutely NO airflow out of top vents mid-section or 3rd seat.

I can hear the rear blower motor blowing like crazy from behind the passenger side cargo area panel (where I believe the blower motor to be). Before I go pulling panels off...

1. Do the top rear top air ducts begin there where the blower is?
2. Is it possible they came "undone" or "disconnected"?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Old March 10th, 2017, 9:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prmirage
Hello everyone. I have a rear airflow problem with my 2002 Suburban.

Hot/Cold are fine.
Bottom rear blows like a hurricane.
Absolutely NO airflow out of top vents mid-section or 3rd seat.

I can hear the rear blower motor blowing like crazy from behind the passenger side cargo area panel (where I believe the blower motor to be). Before I go pulling panels off...

1. Do the top rear top air ducts begin there where the blower is?
2. Is it possible they came "undone" or "disconnected"?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
When you turn the selector switch to blow out the top (headliner} vents, does it blow out of the bottom vent or neither top nor bottom vents?

If it blows out the bottom when you select the top vents, then the mode door is malfunctioning.

If it doesn't blow out any vents anywhere when you select the top vents, then either the vent is disconnected or blocked.

There are two duct connections at the blower: one for the floor vent and one for the top vents. The mode selector door connects the blower output to one of the two vents (or in some switch positions to both vents partially). There is no door position which would stop airflow from all vents.

Remove the passenger-side cargo area trim where the blower is located. There is a large "rear heat/AC module" located there. This module has the heater core, AC evaporator, blower, temperature actuator, and mode actuator in it. Look for any disconnected ducts at the module. All the top vents are connected together and go to one place on the module. Since you have no airflow from any top vents, the problem is probably where it connects to the module.

Steve
Old October 29th, 2020, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 tahoe lt rear top vents not working ?

Originally Posted by 02Sub
When you turn the selector switch to blow out the top (headliner} vents, does it blow out of the bottom vent or neither top nor bottom vents?

If it blows out the bottom when you select the top vents, then the mode door is malfunctioning.

If it doesn't blow out any vents anywhere when you select the top vents, then either the vent is disconnected or blocked.

There are two duct connections at the blower: one for the floor vent and one for the top vents. The mode selector door connects the blower output to one of the two vents (or in some switch positions to both vents partially). There is no door position which would stop airflow from all vents.

Remove the passenger-side cargo area trim where the blower is located. There is a large "rear heat/AC module" located there. This module has the heater core, AC evaporator, blower, temperature actuator, and mode actuator in it. Look for any disconnected ducts at the module. All the top vents are connected together and go to one place on the module. Since you have no airflow from any top vents, the problem is probably where it connects to the module.

Steve
I can hear the blow motor but its only venting floor..i opened back theres no blend door actuator there..only a resister could that be my problem ? Chevy tahoe 2013
Old June 12th, 2023, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Hi steve
can you tell me we’re to locate the rear air mode blend actuator is. I have air out the bottom vent no ceiling air