Service Batt. Charging Message - Page 4 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Batt. Charging Message

Old June 2nd, 2017, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

I had this message come up the last 3 days and 2 days ago, I received a RECALL letter about the fuel composition sensor mounted below the frame, exposing the sensor and fuel lines to road debris. This may result in the fuel line emitting fuel odor, weeping or leaking. In addition, the vehicle may experience engine stumble, loss of power and still while driving. Well, I drove down the road not even 2 miles and the ABS light came on, my A/C wasn't blowing as much air out, the radio flickered, so I turned off the A/C and the radio. The the Track sensor came on and wouldn't turn off. I couldn't open my windows, then the power on the dash went out. I immediately pulled over and the car died! I had my battery replace about a year ago from the dealer and even then did I not get a Battery charge serviceability message.

So, I get the car towed to the dealer and show the service manager the recall letter. Immediately says its the alternator... but now I have to leave the car at the shop over the weekend before they even look at it.
Old August 5th, 2017, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks to this post, I was able to sort out my issue with this today. I had let my Traverse sit for 2 weeks and the battery went dead. So I got out the jumper cables and attached to the connections in the right front. Now there is a big ground terminal, but a wimpy positive connection. I had to wrangle around to get my cable to connect. The car started right up.

After disconnecting the jumper cables, I let the car idle for about 20 minutes to charge the battery. To check, I turned it off, then the car started right up. However, the Service Battery Charging System message now showed up. But the charging system was indeed working since the battery voltage was above 14V.

Using an OBDII scanner, I didn't find anything related to this. So I thought, what changed? So I went under the hood again. I noticed that the positive connection wiggled around - didn't seem right, but I didn't find a way to tighten it up. I took off the cover, which revealed the fuses and relays. Still no way to tighten the connection.

So I started up again, message is gone! So it only has something with that connection. Wiggling the terminal around fixed the issue (at least for now!).

Hope this helps someone else with this issue.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same issue on my 08 silverado, took it to a alternator repair shop they said it was gonna be my alternator regulator, had them change it out for $60 and solved the problem, hope this helps
Old January 7th, 2019, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Guys,

Please help.

I tried to make a new post for this but no one has approved it. I have a 2015 silverado 1500 6.2L LTZ, 46 thousand miles. Been having crazy electrical issues. Randy Marion GMC and my mechanic tested battery/alternator/starter and everything is "fine". HAH....right..

I am getting a SERVICE BATTERY CHARGER and BATTERY SAVER ACTIVE message on my dash. My battery gauge is falling down to 9 (as far as it will go).

All dash lights and heat went out on me, then come back on (Happened once). Same with heated seats. Had to jump start it twice in 5 days. After a jump start I am good for a few days and battery gauge is at half way or in between 11-14, a matter of hours before it starts falling.

I have seen people talk about alternator, alternator regulator, fuse from alternator to battery, mega fuse and a bad negative battery cable....Randy Marion GMC wont look at fuses because it takes to long, they rely on the diagnostics.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Super frustrating, don't want to drive it anywhere.

THANK YOU ALL!!!
Old January 11th, 2019, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Go run your VIN on www.vehiclehistory.com see what problems have popped up in the past. You might be surprised what you find.
Old January 11th, 2019, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Benzo. I found a few interesting things but none about the battery charger/saver messages. I will show this to my mechanic.