Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban hesitation

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2012, 3:46 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
I agree w/ Techron.

Is BG available to us regular consumers?
I don't know, and I am beginning to think not, at least not retail OTC.
I have asked at the auto parts store if they had it and they simple said no... but I din't probe any further...but a search of the web and E bay seems to be the primary supplier to regular folks...
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BG is available to regular consumers but you can not buy it in a store. It is commercial strength. You can buy if from any shop that use BG products. It is $20-$25. It is a real cleaner nothing you can buy in a store compares. BG Findashop - Search for an authorized BG service center near you! will lead you to a shop in your area to purchase it. After you put in your zip code the icons below each shop name show which products and or BG services they sell.

Last edited by MDTAHOE; September 26th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old April 18th, 2014, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a 2004 suburban and it is hesitating upon acceleration. It was throwing out knock sensor codes. I have since replaced both knock sensors and the wire harness to the knock sensors, intake manifold gasket, valve cover gaskets, injector seals, coolant temp sensor, throttle body (w/TPS sensor), spark plugs (with basic AC Delco because every Chevy gear head I talk to says to use nothing but the cheapo AC Delcos. The harness from the Accelerator pedal to the ECM was replaced by the dealer because it was going into safe mode 2 years ago. I use fuel treatment regularly as well as oil treatment because I have 218K+ miles. The truck runs smooth while idling and while cruising, but on acceleration it still hesitates, almost like the traction control is engaging but not as severe. I was going to change the fuel filter only to find that in GM infinite wisdom they got rid of the in line filter and put it in the tank with the pump and call it a "lifetime filter". which is great but how long is the "lifetime" considered? I am lost and don't know what else to try. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used bg that I got off eBay. You can feel a difference. And if I had over 200k miles I would look into having the fuel pump/filter changed.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

I was thinking about the pump/filter but that's a $350 fix that might not be the problem. I'm going to try the BG stuff, I found a shop in town that will sell me a couple of bottles. I will try that and see if it improves. It has improved since I started replacing parts and cleaning everything but it is still intermediately there. I cleaned the MAP sensor and intake and throttle body out. So hopefully running a few bottles of the BG will help. I will post with an update. Thanks
Old April 18th, 2014, 8:09 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Hef: Welcome to the forum.

At least get the fuel pressure checked. Harbor Freight has an economical gauge.
Old April 19th, 2014, 12:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Hef...have you changed the fuel filter on that 04? That could be the cause on yours. I thought you had an 07 or newer. Where the fuel filter is on the pump. I believe yours is right along the frame under the passenger side doors
Old April 19th, 2014, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
Hef...have you changed the fuel filter on that 04? That could be the cause on yours. I thought you had an 07 or newer. Where the fuel filter is on the pump. I believe yours is right along the frame under the passenger side doors

there is no in line filter on 2004 and newer models. its in the tank and part of the pump ($350)
Old April 19th, 2014, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Hef: Welcome to the forum.

At least get the fuel pressure checked. Harbor Freight has an economical gauge.

I will try that next. Thanks
Old April 19th, 2014, 5:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by HefLozano88
there is no in line filter on 2004 and newer models. its in the tank and part of the pump ($350)

Ok. Figured there was. Since the 03's had an inline filter. At least I know for sure the 03 silverados do

Quick Reply: Suburban hesitation