Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban hesitation

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2014, 2:33 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I wouldn't rule out the PCV... it has been know to cause oil consumption issues, and that looks like something similar...
Old May 1st, 2014, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by in2pro
I wouldn't rule out the PCV... it has been know to cause oil consumption issues, and that looks like something similar...
But my year doesn't have a pcv valve. Its just an open port on the drivers side valve cover at the rear and the hose goes to the top middle of the intake manifold. there is a baffle inside the valve cover that is supposed to prevent oil from being sucked up. There is no replaceable part.
Old June 18th, 2018, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone interested in the found confirmed issue, it was a bad connection of the ground wire for the coil packs that goes to the front of the engine block by the oil pan and the crank pulley. Sub finally would not start, had it towed and after 2 days of diagnostics they found the bad wire termination and repaired. No issues since.
The following users liked this post:
jenk (October 10th, 2021)
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HefLozano88
Thanks I will check into it. I do all my own work, I used to wrench myself but now I'm an electrician. The way its acting now is like its missing on one or 2 cylinders. almost like the coils are going bad. It only does it after it warms up and has been running for a few miles. once its been doing it for a while it still has good fuel pressure and thats why I am leaning away from the pump. I can do the work no problem, its the spending $350 or more just to find out that its not the pump that I have issues with.
I had almost the same issue turned out to be the crank sensor but i went on and replaced cam and crank sensor both at the same time
Old September 4th, 2021, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation solved??

Originally Posted by HefLozano88
Anyone interested in the found confirmed issue, it was a bad connection of the ground wire for the coil packs that goes to the front of the engine block by the oil pan and the crank pulley. Sub finally would not start, had it towed and after 2 days of diagnostics they found the bad wire termination and repaired. No issues since.
I have had this problem on and off for at least a year. After scanning
several forums and having to re-join this one because my name/p-word didn't work, I finally found your post and solution again.

So, I need to know if this continues to be your solution. I hope you are still on the forum!

Thanks ahead of time!

Ken K.