Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Traction Assist

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2007, 4:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Assist

I have a 2002 Suburban with Traction Assist System. This problem started around a month ago. The scary part is pulling out onto the road into traffic and then you see the Low traction light come on and you then feel the lost of power and when you push the Traction Assist button on the dash in to turn it off, everything is ok. The suburban picks up and runs great. It is my understanding that some traction control systems have strategies to limit wheel spin in certain wet road conditions and will then reduce throttle opening and deactivated fuel injectors. Every time that this has happen has been on dry roads.

Now there have been others with the same problems that I have found on the internet and have taken their Suburban to the local dealership over 3 times to only be told that the system is working fine and there were no error codes.
I really don't know what to think and what to do. This why I hope someone will be able to tell what to do. Thank you so much . Billy
Old June 13th, 2007, 1:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traction Assist

I had some problems with my traction assist when I purhased the 07. The issue ended up being the Yaw sensor under the seat that was bad. GM didn't want my dealership to do anything if nothing was showing up, but they replaced it anyway since their troubleshooting sent them back to that sensor. Haven't had an issue since it was replaced.