Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Univeral Home Link help??

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well..?

I give you props for the mod, and even more for the research, but the $30 something part I used on the garage door side was 1. less money 2. less time 3. much easier...

the GDO buttons on the truck work fine at my vacation home (sears openers), and the adapter works fine at home...

I had lost one of my 2 GDO clickers, so rather than $30 to replace it, I got the one that matches the truck...

Anyone watch stargate SG-1? The device used to open the star gate is a "GDO" on the show.

Garage Door Opener

I agree GM should have made it more universal by just having it 'learn' from your current remote, but on a 2 part system they can't really control your 'part'
Old May 11th, 2010, 2:03 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Anyone watch stargate SG-1? The device used to open the star gate is a "GDO" on the show.

Garage Door Opener
"Thats O'neill with two L's"
Old May 17th, 2010, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks STS,

I agree its a lot of money. I am not sure I would have paid it myself, but I got the dealer to pay it. For me if I wanted to get access to my gated community and that of my in-laws, I needed homelink.

Everyone will have different needs so it depends on the situation and the user. Your solution may be the right choice for many.

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I give you props for the mod, and even more for the research, but the $30 something part I used on the garage door side was 1. less money 2. less time 3. much easier...

the GDO buttons on the truck work fine at my vacation home (sears openers), and the adapter works fine at home...

I had lost one of my 2 GDO clickers, so rather than $30 to replace it, I got the one that matches the truck...

Garage Door Opener

I agree GM should have made it more universal by just having it 'learn' from your current remote, but on a 2 part system they can't really control your 'part'
Old June 14th, 2010, 1:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched all of the 4 step videos for manually programming my Yukon since it is a FIXED code. I hope it will work now, I spent about 20 minutes last week screwing around with it.