Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Window tint (yes, again!)

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2007, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint (yes, again!)

hey everyone!

my question isn't about the levels of tint to purchase, I already know what % I want. I just am not sure if metallic tint on the two front windows would cause any interference? (have XM radio, and tire sensor) IF it does, then if I have ceramic tint installed will it fade over a few years?

My ultimate goal is to have the front two windows tinted, and a "banner" on the front windshield if possible... but by all means I don't want to have any interference with the electronics.
Old May 4th, 2007, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window tint (yes, again!)

My two front windows are tinted and I had use FormulaOne Pinnacle tint. I also had heard others experiencing navigation interference and using the ceramic tint will not affect any electronics in the vehicle. Hope this helps...

New cars today don’t have an ordinary radio antenna sticking out of the fender. The antenna is put on the rear window just above the defroster. Also most cars are equipped with advanced electronics such as navigation, cell phones, radar detectors and satellite radio. Because of these new electronics yesterdays metallic window films will cause interference and are not suitable to be applied on your cars windows. Pinnacle is a nonmetallic non-conductive ceramic technology film. Therefore pinnacle will not interfere with radio reception, navigation will work trouble free, cell phones will have better reception and radar detectors will give more accurate warning. Not only is Pinnacle a good choice because it does not affect the electronics in your vehicle but it also performs better than any other film with 50 to 60 percent heat rejection, 99.5% ultraviolet light rejection and a no color change warranty. Pinnacle will make your car look great, protect your investment and perform the way the manufacturer intended it to.
Old May 4th, 2007, 1:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Window tint (yes, again!)

ORIGINAL: LTZBluez

FormulaOne Pinnacle tint.
I believe formula one pinnacle tints have a lifetime warranty against fading/defects. I used the pinnacle as well but mainly for the slight increase in heat deflection.