Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2007 Instrument Cluster Repair

Old November 18th, 2010, 12:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I broke down and sent my cluster to Mr. Wizard in Winnepeg, Canada. $169.00 paid for round trip and repair. He emails a ship tag and ships it back.

I just installed it while on a conference call on cel. I love technology.

And it works!!!
Old November 18th, 2010, 1:29 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

And you didn't take a picture of it when you had it out!....
tisk.. tisk..
Old March 26th, 2011, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Hello. 2007 Tahoe Ontario Canada and the instrument cluster read out has join out. Dealer is quoting $600 for the part and $200 labour.

I have read your posts. How does the trim plate come off? Screw driver or hand only. Pull? Lift? Pry?
Does the poster have details about the Mr Wizard in Winnipeg? Any one in Ontario know where to have it repaired.

Thank you, Rob.
Old March 30th, 2011, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SEND YOUR CLUSTERS TO:

Allen
AR Speedometer & Guage
28683 E. 59th St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014

his phone number is: 918-640-0659

I sent my cluster to him with the DIC (Driver Info Center) not working, and the gear selector PRND321 also not working. I popped the cluster open myself to inspect to see if it was something i could fix. no friggin way. its a transistor that fried itself and Allen fixed it in 2 hours and shipped it back next day. $100 to repair + shipping (which my company paid for). he was really friendly and really fast. definitely recommend this guy for cluster repairs.
Old March 31st, 2011, 8:34 PM
Administrator

If you do pull it out take a picture of any components you can see and also of the new IP for any changed components....
Old June 1st, 2011, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Do you still have the schematic? Am having the same problem and would like to see it.
The following users liked this post:
Draxarian (June 28th, 2020)
Old June 28th, 2011, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Okay, I have two issues. I have a fully loaded 2007 Tahoe LTZ. My instrument cluster stopped working and my dash has a crack in it (actually three but who is counting?) I am going to bombard you with noob/girl questions... sorry in advance.

How difficult is it to remove the instrument panel?

Will I have to remove the dash at all to do it? I really don't want to cause more cracks before I buy a new dash...

What is the downfall of not replacing the instrument cluster ASAP, besides the obvious?

And do you know of anyone in the Houston area that will do it for cheap or is my best bet to ship it off to OK?

Thank you in advance!
Old June 28th, 2011, 2:28 PM
CF Senior Member

sorry don't know about the instrument panel but you should not have to buy a new dash totally out of your pocket. GM is replacing many of these for a $200 fee because so many of the crack. there are many threads on this site discussing how to get this done.
may want to see what your local dealer says so you have a benchmark of price/difficulty
Old June 28th, 2011, 2:47 PM
CF Active Member

What exactly isn't working on your instrument cluster?

There is a class action settlement on 2003-2007 for the speedometer (in particular the stepper motors that are used on all the gauges), but it may include the entire instrument cluster. If not another suit may resolve the entire instrument cluster.
Old June 28th, 2011, 3:54 PM
Administrator

Eylanna Welcome to the forum, post #2 at the top of this thread shows how to remove the IP...There is also a sticky post in the main part of the Tahoe forum discussing the cracked dash issues be sure to check it out too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Instrument Cluster Repair