Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2013 Suburban Factory Camera Wiring

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2015, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Suburban Factory Camera Wiring

Hello, I just join today and asking for an expert to give me an idea where to tap my rosen gm 1210 navigation backup camera to a factory aside from the blue and white wires on a rear view mirrors. Thanks for the help greatly appreciated.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlube
Hello, I just join today and asking for an expert to give me an idea where to tap my rosen gm 1210 navigation backup camera to a factory aside from the blue and white wires on a rear view mirrors. Thanks for the help greatly appreciated.
I installed the same unit with camera in my 2013 Tahoe. I initially tapped into the reverse light at the rear of the vehicle and the camera worked intermittently. Sometimes it worked when I put the vehicle in reverse and sometimes I would get a message of no signal. I'm thinking maybe it was bad grounding, so I did research to determine what the best inside location for power was. Turns out that port X14 pin 7 was 12v pos & pin 1 was negative. Tapping into this should give you constant power and allow the camera to work while in motion. The problem is, this port appears to be unused (although it has pins) and I need a plug to connect my camera leads, allowing me to plug into port X14. Have you resolved your issue. If so, what was your solution