TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

02 TB LT many problems

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2011, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 02 TB LT many problems

Ok first off the check engine light pops on and off at random times and usually when it does another light that says reduced engine power pops on and you can feel the gas pedal pressure release forcing me to push the gas pedal all the way down to get acceleration and i have to put the car in neutral while driving and restart the motor which i geuss restarts the bcm and it go's away.

second sometimes cruise control does not work

third the ac turns on and off when it wants to or if it is on and i turn it off the dash has a clicking noise come from it until i turn the ac on and off a few times. the ac will also be on full blast and at times it wont be blowing anything through the top vents or possibly blowing backwards.

With my first problem i thought it might be the gas pedal assembly with the relay in it but with all of the different electrical problems it could be the bcm/vcm which is the little black box hooked to the fuse box which is basically the brain of the car. I took the vehicle to advanced auto parts and they plugged in the code reader and could not get a reading. The lady at advanced told me usually that means it is the body control module most likely if she cant get a reading and it should be replaced. What do you guys think? If i can knock out each individual problem with just a relay it would be cheaper than replacing the bcm most likely but the fact that all these problems are happening at once i dont think it is that cheap. Should I replace the bcm and have the dealer flash it?
Old August 7th, 2011, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well here is an update on my situation. I was able to reset the bcm and now i can get a reading and it says
TPS sensor
front left wheel speed sensor
and a rear wheel sensor
i believe the tps is built into the throttle body so i geuss i have to replace the whole throttle body, am i right? and im sure the other sensors might be cheap and easy to find but my main problem is the throttle body.