TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Chime Way too Loud... HELP ME

Old October 26th, 2007, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chime Way too Loud... HELP ME

Recently we had our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LT radio with NAV/BOSE unit replace with a new one. After we got our truck back we noticed that the chime was so loud that you can barely stand it. After talking to the dealer they said that they cant do anything about this. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a FIX??? Please help me I cant even use the NAV unit with voice, it is entirely too loud.
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts
Default RE: Chime Way too Loud... HELP ME

Welcome to the TB forum. Not sure how the 06s work (I had an 02) but my 07 Tahoe has a menu pick that allow chime volume to be set.
Old October 30th, 2007, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

The 06 has a setting on the radio for Normal and Loud. I have it on Normal now and it is still loud and Load is ear peircing loud. This all happened when my GM dealer switched out my old Bose NAV radio for the same one cause we had way too many CD's stuck in there, thanks to the kids.... And the dealer says that this is a problem that they have had before and supposedly GM is trying to fix it. It is just taking way too long for them to get it fixed, I am almost at the point of having them replace this radio and try my luck with a new one.
Old November 13th, 2007, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

this happened when i had my 05..dealer couldn't resolve my problem so i replace my radio and bought a chime..problem was resolved..might be the radio that has something funky going on
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

I recently changed out my factory stereo without Bose & installed the GM chime clip to keep my chime. What you have to do is:

1. Turn the vehicle off but leave the key in the ignition.
2. Open your driver's side door.
3. Push the the dimmer switch in for it to pop out & you can turn it clockwise or counter clockwise & that should adjust the volume of the chime.

Hopefully that works for you.
Old January 18th, 2008, 4:54 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chris277

Recently we had our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LT radio with NAV/BOSE unit replace with a new one. After we got our truck back we noticed that the chime was so loud that you can barely stand it. After talking to the dealer they said that they cant do anything about this. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a FIX??? Please help me I cant even use the NAV unit with voice, it is entirely too loud.
I can't rememebr for sure what button it is, ....with the radio off, push and hold preset 6 untill there is a beep and the radio will display high, push and agin for med, and again for low.
hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
Jcarney78 (November 27th, 2022)