TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Won't start

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

My wife has a 2007 GMC envoy denali with 36,000 miles. It started about 3 weeks ago where you would turn the key to start and it doesn't start, no sound, no click nothing, then you would turn it again and it would start like everything was perfect. It runs good once started. Sometimes it takes 3 tries before it starts and this morning it wouldn't start at all. I'm thinking it's the starter switch? since it runs fine and starts fine when it starts. I don't think it's the battery or starter. Has anyone else had something like this happen. There isn't a check engine light so the dealership I took it to told me nothing was wrong with it and it happened to start ok when it was at the dealership even though it did this when I started it to drive it to the dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 20th, 2011, 8:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

What you could do is ask to take a tech with you on a short drive to see if you can get the vehicle to reproduce the issue with the tech with you. Sometimes this is a better way to get the vehicle diagnosed. Hopefully that helps you and if you run into more problems feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old January 20th, 2011, 3:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rudimentary check of your battery cables and fasteners? Are they tight, corroded, exposed?
Old January 24th, 2011, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the problem fixed. I did some research and troubleshooting of my own and figured out it was probably the ignition switch. I called an independent mechanic that works on a buddies corvette and came highly recommended and when I described the problem to him the first thing he said was it's probably the ignition switch. So to make a long story short I took it to him and he had it fixed the same day. It starts and runs great now.