Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2009 chevrolet traverse rear wiper

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2011, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 chevrolet traverse rear wiper

The rear wiper on my Traverse seems to always works except when it rains. I noticed it when it was still under the bumper to bumper warranty, but every time I took it in for repair it was always working when they went to fix it. Of course they could not fix it if it was working. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what is the problem? and how do I fix it?

Last edited by jwebber40; May 19th, 2011 at 6:42 PM.
Old June 10th, 2011, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

HEll yes I have this problem. I have been looking all over the net and I guess I got the wording down right and found my answer here. It seems that a rear wiper modual is spent. You should beable to find the thread in this area under the heading "Traverse Lock/ Rear Wiper Problem. I cant wait to call the dealer, to get this fixed. I cant get into mu doors when this happens, the only door I can get into is the driver and then I have to crawl all over to unlock the other doors and I cant even open the rear door due to this short. I am beside myself because I love this vehical. So i am not crazy and I am not the only one, seems to be a problem..hmmm...so good luck!
Old June 13th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Beeb1228,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Did you get this fixed at your dealership?

Thank you!
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 14th, 2011, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

It is scheduled to go in on Thursday so cross your fingers. I have had the same problems as the person that started this thread and I am thrilled, then it sucks, that someone else has this same problem. When I found out that its wiper moduals that are bad or are going or they are shorted, this helps them at a starting point. So we shall see, this is why I have bumper to bumper, but then if it is a common situation, not as much as others then dont you think that chevy should address this? Well we shall see if in fact this is the cure.
Other then that I love my Traverse and I would get another one without hesitation. Mine was made in Tenn.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Official GM Rep

beeb1228,

I am glad to hear that you are getting your vehicle into the dealership for this issue. When people experience issues and takes their vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis, the dealership documents it. That is how we get this information up to GM to show them that there is an issue with the vehicle that many customers are experiencing. If the customer decides to take care of their own issues with the vehicle, the dealership can’t document it which will not go to GM to show that there are multiple vehicles with this issue. Please let me know what your dealership has to say about the issue.

Thank you
Old June 16th, 2011, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Well it isnt good news, but it isnt bad news and it isnt over. The sad part is, I handed them their work and answer on a silver platter and it could have been like bread and butter, but NO! This is why I didnt buy from THIS dealer, Hornbeck Chevy Dealership Services Dept has horrible customer service. All I got was they couldnt make the problem happen, WELL DUH! Its intermediate, it happens when it wants to and it does it for me on HOT and sunny days. The explaination was all on paper along with the parts that needed to be replaced that will fix this problem, but no I got that he didnt want to waste time on it anymore and that I needed to make an appointment next week and that this will take time to figure out. I asked if he even read the paper, I left on the seat and he studdered and said oh ya and that was it..they didnt to a dam thing to it except put there dirty greasey butts and hands that smell like grease on it...Can ya tell I am peeved??? So I call back to the place where, Tom Hesser where I bought it, god love the girl that is dealing with me, she is an angel. Lets only hope that they fix me, because if not...i dont know...i love my traverse...but it is a safety situation when you can only get into one door and cant open any of the other doors, and if I cant lock my doors then what is the point? GRRRRR
Old June 17th, 2011, 9:07 AM
Official GM Rep

beeb1228,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a nice experience with the first dealership you spoke with. I completely understand your frustrations. Please let me know how it goes at the dealership where your vehicle currently is. If it is not satisfactory, contact me and I will look into this for you.

Thank you
Old June 18th, 2011, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Tell them idiots to get the hose out and get the vehicle wet and recreate the conditions that cause the issue.