Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2019, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uplanderman
I'm new to this firoum and also a new Uplander owner hoping for some help... After reading this forum it appears I may have purchaed an electrical nightmare waiting to happen. My Uplander is a 2005 LS RWB, and I have already pulled the fuse for the power sliding door to avoid it opening while moving again, now my dash lights and head lights are flickering slightly and the dash lights have started to burn out !!

Questions....Can the dash lights be replaced??

Hoping for some advise

Thanx in advance for all the help!!

Cheers
Brad
the voltage regulator is going bad. Replace it and get part #62-11-1-391-260 dash lights from autohaus Arizona

Last edited by Robert Stanley; March 7th, 2019 at 7:34 PM. Reason: More info
Old March 7th, 2019, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by likearaptor
I have this same problem. I contacted the dealer and they said the bulbs behind the gauges are not replaceable and are not sold and they only will replace the whole gauge set. I didn't believe them and so I pulled the gauges out and was able to pull the pulls out but the dealer was right. I haven't seen a bulb like this before and neither has the part stores in town. My dad mentioned the best bet is to go to a wrecking yard and find a 2005-2006 chevy/gmc with a gauge cluster and see if I can pull the bulbs out and buy them there.

Does any one else have any suggestions? I actually have pictures of the bulb but now where I am at now. Let me know if posting them will help.

Thanks
Blake

$0.80 each i replaced all my dash lights after more than half blew out due to a faulty voltage regulator and a bad ground connection at the battery. Autohaus Arizona has the bulbs clean any and all electrical conetions you can get to in the vehicle and use dielectric grease on all plug conetions replace the voltage regulator or the whole alternator
Old January 29th, 2023, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Do you have any more

Originally Posted by likearaptor
Here are the images I got from the light bulbs, sorry it took a while. The images were on an old cell phone that I can't use any more and it took a little to find all the right cables. I have the originals in higher resolution plus 2 or 3 more files. On the blue plastic piece it said it is a 12V 12 W lightbulb and it also said alba.
o you have any more
Old January 30th, 2023, 7:41 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You are replying in a 3-year-old thread. I doubt anyone will be around anymore. You need to start a new thread with whatever questions you have.