Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Service theft system light

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service theft system light

My service theft light keeps coming on. It started when it started getting hot outside. It happens when I'm driving and sometimes I lose my gauges and the radio. Sometimes my car won't start but if I just pop the hood and close it, it starts right up and then I only have the service theft system light on. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Its an 05 Uplander. Oh and the power doors won't work either when the theft light is on. Thanks for any info, I just can't get it in to a dealer for a week or so.
Old June 28th, 2012, 2:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What is it? Probably a body control module getting hot.
Old June 28th, 2012, 2:53 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Lisa Kirkhart Welcome to the forum...
I would have the battery cables checked as well as the ground cable for tightness and corrosion... You might also try disconnecting the battery for sveral minutes to reset everything...
Old March 25th, 2019, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service theft light

Originally Posted by Lisa Kirkhart
My service theft light keeps coming on. It started when it started getting hot outside. It happens when I'm driving and sometimes I lose my gauges and the radio. Sometimes my car won't start but if I just pop the hood and close it, it starts right up and then I only have the service theft system light on. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Its an 05 Uplander. Oh and the power doors won't work either when the theft light is on. Thanks for any info, I just can't get it in to a dealer for a week or so.
hi,
i have a 06 uplander and mine just recently started doing the same thing. I have checked everything that I can think of; battery, I have put new terminals on my battery cables, I have had my fuses and relays checked, my alternator checked,etc. no one can seem to figure out what is causing it to do this. It doesn’t do it all the time but when my gages quit it won’t crank, if it is already running when they quit it will stay running and when it won’t crank I just have to wait for my gages to decide to come back on. Sometimes it only takes a minute sometimes much longer. I do know that when it happens my voltage to my battery and ignition are really low but I can’t find the cause of it. I can’t find any shorts and my battery and alternator are good. If anyone has any advice I would be happy to hear it.
Old September 27th, 2023, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Tracey Temple
hi,
i have a 06 uplander and mine just recently started doing the same thing. I have checked everything that I can think of; battery, I have put new terminals on my battery cables, I have had my fuses and relays checked, my alternator checked,etc. no one can seem to figure out what is causing it to do this. It doesn’t do it all the time but when my gages quit it won’t crank, if it is already running when they quit it will stay running and when it won’t crank I just have to wait for my gages to decide to come back on. Sometimes it only takes a minute sometimes much longer. I do know that when it happens my voltage to my battery and ignition are really low but I can’t find the cause of it. I can’t find any shorts and my battery and alternator are good. If anyone has any advice I would be happy to hear it.
I think the ignition is acting up. Its worn out on the inside where you put the key possibly