Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Help!! - lights/beeping issue - 2003 Chevy Venture

Old May 19th, 2015, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!! - lights/beeping issue - 2003 Chevy Venture

I have a really strange issue here.

Issue:
With the keys in or out of the ignition, but off, with the driver's side door open, the ignition beeps like I have left the lights on, but the lights are off.

Additional issue:
The lights (Exterior lights) do not come on with the sensor. I have to turn the lights to on for them to come on. But none of the interior lights on the dash or radio come on. So I can get the headlights on in the dark, but the dash and radio are dark. If I turn the dial, the overhead lights do come on.

Backstory:
I was having front turn signal issues, and the sockets had overheated and broken some of the ***** off the sides, so I decided I needed to replace the sockets. I purchased some new sockets that fit the turn signal bulbs and that fit into the light assembly. The turn signals work great after installing, but the above described issues have now surfaced. I also replaced one of the headlights, but that was just the bulb.

After discovering the issues, I figured maybe I had a wire crossed or something. I removed the new sockets, as that is the only thing that I had done, and with nothing connected to the wires, the above described issues continued with no change.

I checked the fuses and can not find any blown.

I am unsure what else to look at.