Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala assist handles

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2013, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Impala assist handles

Has anyone notice the location of the passenger assist handles in the rear seat. One cannot use them to install a clothes-rod hanger, to hang clothes on when traveling. The handles are so close to the front seat, that if you hung clothes on a clothes rod, the clothes would be hanging over the front seat?
A design flaw??
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Passenger assist handles are just that. The car was not designed to be a clothes closet.
You can have hanger hooks installed if you can find a clever detail shop to do it.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vakmere
Passenger assist handles are just that. The car was not designed to be a clothes closet.
You can have hanger hooks installed if you can find a clever detail shop to do it.
Wow!! Didn't know I'd get flamed with a simple question. I conversed with Chevrolet Customer Service, and got this courteous reply:

"We value your opinions and we always consider them as we plan for the future. We have noted your comments under Service Request 71-1228889549 and will be available for review. "

Now, vakmere, please explain what those hooks in the rear assist handles are for?
Old June 3rd, 2015, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hanging Clothes in New Impala

I completely agree with dmahillen. It came as quite a surprise as we prepared for our trip tomorrow to find out that I would not be able to hang clothes in my new full size sedan. How could something so traditional be overlooked? Why include the hooks in the handles knowing they could not be used? I thought, am I missing something here in these new cars, so I walked to the other side of our garage to look in the back of my wife's Hyundai and there they were just as they should be. This issue presents a significant inconvenience.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 9:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kluz
I completely agree with dmahillen. It came as quite a surprise as we prepared for our trip tomorrow to find out that I would not be able to hang clothes in my new full size sedan. How could something so traditional be overlooked? Why include the hooks in the handles knowing they could not be used? I thought, am I missing something here in these new cars, so I walked to the other side of our garage to look in the back of my wife's Hyundai and there they were just as they should be. This issue presents a significant inconvenience.
I commend you for finding this post and replying to it...

I must say I haven't even bothered to look to hang anything as the car is so huge...
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Good to see someone agrees with my post! I have swapped the assist handles from side to side, and that moved the clothes hook back about 3 inches. I still use a clothes rod that hangs in the assist handles, as the clothes hooks aren't very strong when using a clothes rod.