Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2000 malibu won't start

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2015, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 malibu won't start

need some help here .please....have a 2000 Malibu ls 3.1 motor..followed a conversation a while back but can't find it... I have no fuel pressure....but in following previous thread new fuel pump didn't fix it ... they then talked about the switch not supplying the 12 volts..only 6 at the engine fuse block ....how can I determine if the swtich or pump is the problem ? thanks..ready to start working on it again....
Old August 22nd, 2015, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

I hope you got it solved by this time. If you fixed it, what was the cause? First check all fuses.
The oil pressure switch sometimes has a connection with the fuel pump. If it does, the oil pressure sensor cuts off the power to the fuel pump if it senses no or low oil pressure.
I was wondering if you had any trouble codes come up. Did the check engine light come on?
Did you have a code reader read the codes?
It's possible that a crankshaft or camshaft position sensor is giving a code to the computer and shutting down the power to the fuel pump.
Old August 25th, 2015, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

if your theft light is blinking it's the passlock sys. to overide turn key to on, wait-- it takes aprox 10 minutes and the theft light will stop blinking and stay on, then turn ignition off then normally start the car…