Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1992 k1500 bumfu**ed mess

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2022, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 k1500 bumfu**ed mess

Ok so I drive the truck to court when I come out the battery I purchased the night prior was completely dead nothing but click click click when I try and start it automatically screams alternator issue however the alternator was just replaced just over a month prior( I just purchased the truck about 2 weeks before this happened) that bein said upon checking the alternator I find that power wire is just setting on the stud with the nut barely even started on the stud.... No wander the battery drained so I tighten it down and when I turn the key to try and start the truck the two wires to the the fuel pump burnt and melted the entire way to the top of the tank resulting in my replacing the burnt portion of the wires and rerouting the power wire straight to the alternator then to the fuse block instead of the reverse which was the original way it was done and this fixed the problem of the burning wires however (when it rains it pours) the key was broke off in the ignition when I bought it and worked fine but now when I turn it I got absolutely nothing but I could wiggle it an it would start buzzing briefly and the connection would be lost again so I then came to the conclusion the ignition I needed replacing and the only way to get it out without tearing the whole steering column apart (also if drilled out out correctly the try idk can be started with a screw driver) would be to drill it out so I drilled it out and I got the steering wheel lock, gone. I have ordered a racing ignition switch panel kill switch, push button start, and three accessory switches to wire in the place of the ignition but I'm having trouble doing so what is known as the ignition harness is wiring harness where I'm having my trouble in finding which wires are coming out of the ignition so I can bridge the gap in the same action that the original ignition would do, on the bottom side of the steering column there's a set of wires and purple white and gray I believe is this the wires leaving the ignition or are those wires the ones running to the turn signal switch and other accessories? does anybody have any advice on how to execute this?