Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2015, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2008 silverado dash cracked between airbag and windshield been there since i bought it
Old April 2nd, 2015, 6:19 AM
CF Beginner

Update:
Chevrolet customer service & the district manager contacted the local dealer to work out a deal for my dash. The dealer said they would "eat" the cost of the labor if I paid for the cost of the dash.
This coming from the dealership I bought 3 vehicles from & have done all the service work on & just spent $1100.00 on a 60,000 mile service on the silverado.
I explained to them again as we all can agree that this is not my problem it's a defect on GM's but because my vehicle was out of warranty they will not pay for it all the repairs.
Long story short, The suburban was traded for a Lexus last weekend & the Silverado will be traded for a Ford most likely this weekend. This is going to end a 35 year loyalty to Chevrolet.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 cracked dash

I am on my 3rd tahoe and all three of them have the same issues. 2 i have had replaced lucky because yhey were under warranty. The 3rd one has is an 08 with about 130,000 miles out of warranty.. what are my options .

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE]
Old May 3rd, 2015, 3:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gaa11
I am on my 3rd tahoe and all three of them have the same issues. 2 i have had replaced lucky because yhey were under warranty. The 3rd one has is an 08 with about 130,000 miles out of warranty.. what are my options .

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
[/QUOTE]

Hello Gaa11,

We apologize for this. Due to the age and mileage of the vehicle, we cannot guarantee the cost assistance for the repair. However, we would be happy to look into this further and reach out to the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 14th, 2015, 7:55 PM
CF Active Member

At $500.00 for just the dash on an LTZ, even if they paid the labor, I'd let the cracks speak for themselves for everyone to see. Pristine truck with a cracked dash in two places. $55k truck and the dash cracks. I miss the old days when companies took care of their customers. Especially on something that is very, very, very common.

I know some K9 Handlers who use the Tahoes. They said all their Tahoes do the same thing. Every single one of them.
Old June 14th, 2015, 9:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ericnottelin
At $500.00 for just the dash on an LTZ, even if they paid the labor, I'd let the cracks speak for themselves for everyone to see. Pristine truck with a cracked dash in two places. $55k truck and the dash cracks. I miss the old days when companies took care of their customers. Especially on something that is very, very, very common.

I know some K9 Handlers who use the Tahoes. They said all their Tahoes do the same thing. Every single one of them.
Oh the Tahoe's and Suburban's suffer the same problem and folks are spending just as much and more, here is nearly half a million post on the topic... https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...cracked-26133/
Old August 25th, 2015, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Chevy Silverado 80k miles cracked dash

I have noticed multiple people with this same issue. Of course it does seem to apply to the Tahoe which was made from the same factory. I am including the pictures of my dash which has multiple cracks in it. Not sure if anyone has heard anything official from Chevy yet or not.
Old September 14th, 2015, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

I too have problem with a cracking dash. My Avalanche is a 2007. I now have six cracks which span from the curve at on the drivers side panel to the airbag on the passenger side. I have contacted GM and my car does not fit the parameters under which they will do anything. I offered to pay labor with them supplying the part and was rebuffed. I cannot believe that this known issue cannot be taken care of. I am or was a GM die hard but with an estimate of $950 so I can trade it in I will be looking at another company.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mychevy08
My dash has cracked in 2 places around the air bag! Did any1 ever get GM to own up to the defect
Gm official response to the issue is the is no bulletin issued for this problem. I have been trying to resolve this issue with them for two years. Now they say my dash is my problem because I'm out of warranty. I told them when issue was first reported that it was in warranty and they did nothing then as well. They said the dealer rep for Gm in your are can make the deduction. There decision was of course no . There saying that there not aware of this being a problem. So long story short . I am trying to start a class action law suit against GM for this obvious defect. I need people to come forward and contact GM and report there issue and create a case number with GM and then they can no longer say we are unaware of the dash cracking issue. Funny how the dash cracks are all in the same places. The number to call is 1-866-790-5600. The customers will not be ignored!
Old October 2nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default GM dash cracks

More economical fix was with an aftermarket molded dash cover that glues right over the original. the lay person would not notice that it isn't the original if its done professionally. Got mine from Gipson Trim Supply 1515 W. Main, Oklahoma City, Ok. 1-405-235-2361.....cost: $128. Had my Audio Tech install it for $100. My 09 Sierra SLT Looks just like it was brand new. I was out of warranty also and after numerous calls to GM, realized they were not interested in making it right. I can post pix if any interested...um hmm

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking