Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2013, 1:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GWflashgordon
My 09 HD2500 LTZ with 23000 miles is currently at my local dealership, GM cowboyed up and is covering the replacement under warranty w/ $100 deductible! There is still hope people, dont give up too easy!!
And by the way, the guy thinking about the Sequoia, DONT DO IT MAN, been there, done that and I regret it to this day. Besides being a gas guzzler, you need a good banker or expensive extended warranty if some thing breaks!!!
My 09 has 139k and they say its to many miles. It obviously has nothing to do with the milage. My wifes tahoe may be getting fixed. I hope mine also.
Old August 6th, 2013, 7:36 AM
CF Active Member

They are replacing the dash in my wifes Tahoe for 100$ deductable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Christopher Krumholt,

I am glad to hear you were able to have everything worked out.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

I stopped by my local dealership just now without my truck (was on the harley doing errands) and talked to the service mgr. about my 2007 silverado truck with two cracks in the dash. It is such a common problem that he has a blanket "OK" from the GM rep to replace the entire dash for 100 bucks. The stipulations the rep gave him was it had to be the original owner and under 100,000 miles. I think GM is finally coming to grips with this problem.

It's such a problem around these parts (New Braunfels, Texas) that my dealership actually stocks a bunch of them in every color.

I have no extended warranty and they didn't even have to see the truck to OK it.
For 100 bucks I can't even buy a skin for it. The service mgr did tell me the new dashes have been reinforced. Now I just have to find time to bring it in.
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Rooti Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the update, if you don't mind, share the name of your Dealaership
Old August 12th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Rooti
I stopped by my local dealership just now without my truck (was on the harley doing errands) and talked to the service mgr. about my 2007 silverado truck with two cracks in the dash. It is such a common problem that he has a blanket "OK" from the GM rep to replace the entire dash for 100 bucks. The stipulations the rep gave him was it had to be the original owner and under 100,000 miles. I think GM is finally coming to grips with this problem.

It's such a problem around these parts (New Braunfels, Texas) that my dealership actually stocks a bunch of them in every color.

I have no extended warranty and they didn't even have to see the truck to OK it.
For 100 bucks I can't even buy a skin for it. The service mgr did tell me the new dashes have been reinforced. Now I just have to find time to bring it in.
Hello Rooti,

Welcome to the forum. We are sorry to hear of your cracked dash on your Silverado, but see you are working with the dealer who is solving this concern for you. We are here to assist and help with current concerns or questions you have. Don't hesitate to reach out to us! We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 12th, 2013, 4:06 PM
CF Junior Member

The dealership is valmark chevy in New Braunfels. Service mgr. is Justin and he is a great guy. (right down the freeway from you)

Thanks for the help offer Laura but from what I've seen, the little dealers know more about how to take care of customers then the corporation does.

Last edited by Rooti; August 13th, 2013 at 2:08 PM.
Old August 12th, 2013, 4:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Rooti
The dealership is valmart chevy in New Braunfels. Service mgr. is Justin and he is a great guy. (right down the freeway from you)

Thanks for the help offer Laura but from what I've seen, the little dealers know more about how to take care of customers then the corporation does.
We completely understand how you feel as our main goal is to work with the dealerships. We rely on them as well, and know they are fully capable of helping our customers in addressing vehicle issues. We also try to assist by connecting with the proper internal resources in order to resolve customer concerns. If you change your mind, please feel free to contact us by private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 14th, 2013, 3:44 AM
CF Beginner

Do people with cracked dashes use Armor All? Silicone based conditioners cause cracking, a lesson I learned on my boat. I only use Aerospace 303 for conditioning Vinyl or plastic, now. There are other non silicon cleaner/conditioners, but I don't know names offhand.
Old August 15th, 2013, 3:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Ron, I don't use armor all on anything and that isn't the cause. There were some areas of the dash that were weak stress points and have been reinforced on the newer models.
I think it started with the first year of the new body style...seems to affect mostly 2007-2009 chevy trucks.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking