Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

aggiewill08 Welcome to the forum..

I hope so too, you may want to private message Chevrolet Customer Service with your information ( Name and VIN) and they can setup a case for you to get it evaluated and hopefully replaced...
As I understand it, it helps to be the original owner and under 100k miles..
Old September 18th, 2013, 3:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by aggiewill08
I have an 08' Z71 LTZ with 82k miles and my dash just cracked near the instrument cluster. This is complete crap. A $43k truck and my dash cracks!

I hope GM customer service can do something about this.
Hello aggiewill08,

I am sorry you are experiencing a cracked dash with your truck. I understand your frustration and would like to look into your situation for you. Please reach out to us via private message on this forum or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. Include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and your preferred dealer name and location you would work with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 26th, 2013, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado dashboard cracked.Faron Benoit 14830 Grand Corral Lane. Cypress, TX 77

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
O-GO,

I would be happy to assist you with this issue. I will need to set up a case in order to proceed. In order to do so, please PM me the following information: your full name, home address, phone number, actual vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN number and the name of your preferred dealer.

If you prefer to contact Customer Service via phone, you may do so at: 1-800-222-1020

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 26th, 2013, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

My 2008 Silverado Crew Cab TX Edt 4 dr truck has several cracks in the dashboard. It started at one corner of the airbag cover and then the next corner. Now my airbag cover is loose and floating on top of the dash. A month later i noticed a few more cracks across the dashboard. I called the dealership for help and was told it would cost me over $800.00 to replace. This is unacceptable! GM should public address this issue with thousands of displeased owners and make it right.
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Hello Krazy Kajun,

We're sorry to hear that you've experienced a cracked dash on your Chevy Silverado. We would like to look more into this issue for you and try to work towards a resolution. Can you please PM us your name, VIN, exact mileage, contact information and the dealership you were working with? Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 27th, 2013, 1:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Krazy Kajun,

Thank you for your information. I am not sure if you are aware you posted this on the forum directly and not private message. We have recorded your information. I strongly suggest you delete this post for security reasons. I will continue this conversation via private message.

Erica Tiffany (Assisting Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

I too have a crack in my dash around the corner of the air bag. I take good care of my truck but really upset about this obvious flaw and effect it may have to the safety of my family. Will this affect the proper functioning of my air bag? Love MY CHEVY'S.. but this is obviously a problem for many. What is CHEVY going to do about it..Nice truck inside and out with a CRACKED DASH around my AIRBAG???
Old October 1st, 2013, 7:28 PM
Official GM Rep

lavela,
We would be happy to look into the dashboard situation with you. Please contact us privately with more information (including your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your preferred dealership).

Sarah (Assisting Amber)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Krazy Kajun
I want to give a Huge Thanks to GM Customer Service for handling my case in a professional manner from start to finish. I'm impressed with the way GM stepped up and handled business. Especially Ken with GM, he contacted my local Dealership and made things happen. My hat is off to Service Advisor Duffy at Lone Star Chevrolet in Jersey Village, TX. I will purchase my next Silverado from them. Proud GM Owner.
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad to hear you got satisfactory results
And thanks for reporting back with a follow up and the dealerships name...it might just help send some business their way...

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking