Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Wipers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2024, 9:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wipers stopped working

I can't find much on this topic, thought I would post my situation. I have about 18k miles on my Silverado 1500 LTZ. This morning was the coldest temps I have ever driven it in around 12 degrees. I went about 30 miles and parked for a while. Went back out and drove to get a drink, went through a drive through and left, some build up of snow was wet on the window and the auto wipers weren't' coming on soon enough which happens some times so I manually wiped and the wipers wouldn't work. Tried all the positions, the water spray worked but nothing else. Pain in the A driving with the snow all the way back to the office. So I turned it off and back on and that didn't fix it. Just did a bunch of research and fuse 52 along with a relay are what people say fixed their issue but nobody will say where the relay is located. Look in your book, it is under the hood etc... Mine like everyone else that posted does not list a relay in the manual, I did find information online on what every relay under the hood does on this page:

https://www.startmycar.com/us/chevro...o/fusebox/2020

I also read in the manual the system can over heat and it will reset by itself??? I drove all the way to get my drink with no issues, the auto wipers were going every once and a while, not quite as fast as I would like but it was doing its job so it is strange it just stopped working while I was driving with no load on them, just water from the snow melting on the glass, super tiny snow, not a giant build up where the wipers were really working hard, no build up around them or in the cowl either.

I went back out to check the fuse under the hood after about 1/2 hour, it had stopped snowing, window was wet still, I picked up both wipers and they were free, still no build up or anything. Thought I would start it and try it before I checked the fuse and the stupid wipers worked! Super strange.