Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2015, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any luck getting p2135 fixed?

I am sitting in Paul Conte Chevy service as I write this. My 2010 Equinox is in for the same Reduced power/ Stabilitrack/ P2135 code like most others are experiencing in this thread. My service coordinator Ethan, who is good and seems very willing to help, just informed me I need a new Throttle Body assembly that will cost $789 before tax (RIDICULOUS! I know) and including needed oil change. I have been just dealing with this problem for over a month because it took so long to get an appointment. Leaving me a lot of time to research this common issue and have not found any posts from people with the same problem saying its actually been fixed.

I guess I am writing this because I have no faith that this will be fixed and just want to get it on record so I can say "I told ya so!" to Chevy, not that they care.

I'll check back with you all in a while and let you know if this was the fix.

Wish me luck.
Old February 6th, 2015, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrack with engine light error

I need assistance
My car has aprox 75k and now can't drive down the road without stabilitrack error and reduced power
This vehicle is the families sole mean of transport
I suffered injuries during my military tours that prevent me from trying to diagnose myself

Can anyone please help
I am located in Dayton ohio
Old February 6th, 2015, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jrickmon
I need assistance
My car has aprox 75k and now can't drive down the road without stabilitrack error and reduced power
This vehicle is the families sole mean of transport
I suffered injuries during my military tours that prevent me from trying to diagnose myself

Can anyone please help
I am located in Dayton ohio
Autozone will read the codes for free.
Old February 6th, 2015, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by pdreddy
I am sitting in Paul Conte Chevy service as I write this. My 2010 Equinox is in for the same Reduced power/ Stabilitrack/ P2135 code like most others are experiencing in this thread. My service coordinator Ethan, who is good and seems very willing to help, just informed me I need a new Throttle Body assembly that will cost $789 before tax (RIDICULOUS! I know) and including needed oil change. I have been just dealing with this problem for over a month because it took so long to get an appointment. Leaving me a lot of time to research this common issue and have not found any posts from people with the same problem saying its actually been fixed.

I guess I am writing this because I have no faith that this will be fixed and just want to get it on record so I can say "I told ya so!" to Chevy, not that they care.

I'll check back with you all in a while and let you know if this was the fix.

Wish me luck.
You can buy one online cheaper and might be easy to fix yourself. I'm sure you can find a video online to help you.
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Equinox (4-cyl) with 70k miles. Sound like a broken record but keep getting the "service stabilitrak" and "Engine reduced power" issues. Consistently spits out a P2135 code "Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/ Switch A/B voltage correction".
I'm afraid to take it to the dealer because it sound as if it will become a money pit, and at my expense. My main concern as already discussed is THE DANGER IT PRESENTS AT HIGHWAY SPPEDS OR HEAVY TRAFFIC SITUATIONS. Can Chevy dealers really care less about its consumers??? My dealership told me today "you don't have to have that system on, its just a luxury". Really? Guess what, still gets the Reduced Power, Service Stabilitrak event when Stabilitrak is disengaged.
Old February 13th, 2015, 8:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bstep
I have a 2011 Equinox (4-cyl) with 70k miles. Sound like a broken record but keep getting the "service stabilitrak" and "Engine reduced power" issues. Consistently spits out a P2135 code "Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/ Switch A/B voltage correction".
I'm afraid to take it to the dealer because it sound as if it will become a money pit, and at my expense. My main concern as already discussed is THE DANGER IT PRESENTS AT HIGHWAY SPPEDS OR HEAVY TRAFFIC SITUATIONS. Can Chevy dealers really care less about its consumers??? My dealership told me today "you don't have to have that system on, its just a luxury". Really? Guess what, still gets the Reduced Power, Service Stabilitrak event when Stabilitrak is disengaged.
You shouldn't be driving an unsafe vehicle.

After reading all these threads - it's obvious that the old where better - when you car wouldn't go another inch. You'd have to get a tow truck.
Old February 14th, 2015, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

I think EVERYONE needs to band together and COMPLAIN to CHEVY constantly UNTIL Chevy does the right thing. FIX THIS PROBLEM, ONCE and FOR ALL and AT NO CHARGE TO THE VICTIMS of THIS ISSUE.
Old February 14th, 2015, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmac123456
I think EVERYONE needs to band together and COMPLAIN to CHEVY constantly UNTIL Chevy does the right thing. FIX THIS PROBLEM, ONCE and FOR ALL and AT NO CHARGE TO THE VICTIMS of THIS ISSUE.
There is no one single issue to solve the problem. It's all the electronics.

You can go to the Malibu forum and find same complaints and wanting to "join together".

Good luck.
Old March 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dangerous Engine Power Problem

I purchased my Equinox brand new in 2010, and it has been in and out of the Chevy dealer with recalls, manufacturer problems, etc. so many times that I have the service department on my iPhone favorites list.

I simply can not believe there is no recall on this issue, especially after reading all of the posts on this thread. As others have stated, I too was in a very dangerous situation last night. I was driving with my 1 year old son in the back seat, fresh snow lining the interstate. Thank God I was driving at a slower speed (roughly 60mph) than normal due to the snow. Out of the blue, the "Service Stabilitrack" light came on, and the engine suddenly powered down. You can imagine how bad this could have been if a car was behind me or following too close. When my child is in danger, things like this become even more unacceptable. To go from 60mph down to 30 in a matter of seconds on the interstate with no control is A HUGE PROBLEM. I was able to pull off the interstate and get to an Autozone, where they informed me that the codes indicated TPS issues.

I would like to be contacted by a Chevy rep on here before I even take it to the dealership. I have had too many issues where they have drug me around trying to get me to pay for things and not own up to the problems this car has had since day one. I would like to just avoid the back and forth and work directly with GM.

Thanks so much.
Adam
Old March 2nd, 2015, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default After cleanung Mass Airflow Sensor and replacing throttle position sensor

Originally Posted by AmpedUp
I have personally had this happen 4 times in the last week, one other time broken down for other reason. Anyway, a good place to start is a scan tool.

After the scan tool, clear the codes. of course write them down first.
I have seen that many times this issue is:
Mass airflow sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, ABS sensor related.

If no code, clean MAF with MAF cleaner.
Check TPS connector, harness, wiring for cracks. Check TPS for power with multimeter, voltage changes.
If you notice the car surges, idles rough, is hesitant when gas pedal is applied, hard shifting then you will likely have a TPS going bad. It may work intermittently and then suddenly stop, car cuts off. Restarts 5 min later. Then TPS works, then later it repeats problem. I have had these going bad with no code to prove it. But relatively the symptoms are infamous.

Also, you may consider Idle air control valve, EGR valve.

Try to drive it. But honestly, stay close to home, I have had many cutouts with these systems.
Obviously this is a starting point, there are many other issues that may occur, yet this is the most common in my own families experience. We've worked on a whole lot of Chevys.
After the MAF was cleaned and the throttle position sensor was replaced I have not had any further trouble. I did have a rough idle occcasionally that is likely dirty injector/fuel pump/oxygen sensor related.
To fix this i replaced the bad o2 sensor, and ran a can or Berryman B12 chemtool on about 5 gallons of gas. Rough idle is gone. No stabilitrak errors.
The main culprit was the Throttle position sensor on the throttlebody. I have heard other people comment about a sensor inside the car. That sensor, the throttle accuator, controls the signal sent to the recieving throttle position sensor, yet it is very unlikely to be the problem.
1st clean MAF, 2nd replace TPS, then drive at least 50 miles to allow the computer to relearn new sensor positions, if you do it yourself. Otherwise the dealer can reset the learning via their Tech tools. Any mechanic can fix this as well. These are just bad sensors the made it into the market. They shouldnt fail technically, because the are so basic. However, I looked at the components of this sensor and can say with certainty that these are not being made with a high standard, they are on the cheaper spectrum. I would have thought on a Suburban there would be higher end parts but I can tell you its a pig with lipstick on it. It seems to be vehicle 2007 and up being affected.

My newer 2007 sububan is joke. The ***** on the electronics inside have broken off from very basic use, the in dash lights randomly work, outside door handle broke off when wife opened unlocked door (yes "broke off", the interior driver door panel fell off when i closed the door the other day, interior chrome handles are jagged edged chrome finger cutters, washer fluid warmer under recall with dealer instructed to just "cut it out" instead of replacing it with a working unit, theres so much more but Im out of time. Maybe Chevy can cut profit, build in the USA, use denso parts, sell for similar price and stop making cheap nice cars with high price tags. My toyotas dont have failure issues, my hondas dont have these issues. Just my chevys. My family owns a bunch of chevys, i see the same problems across the spectrum, just cant convince family to break their loyalty.

Anyway, all vehicles need repair. Its just seeing all this basic stuff that should have been flagged on the Mexican assembly line that passed, that really bothers me.

Quick Reply: Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light