Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

How to tell if tranny has actually been rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2015, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell if tranny has actually been rebuilt?

I just bought a rebuilt 4L60e transmission that was rebuilt with high performance parts for pulling to do a swap with. Bought the newly rebuilt tranny and brought it home and noticed the pans drain plug was rusted and stripped. So I tryed to remove the plug to replace before I installed the tranny, I could not get the plug out of the pan so I removed the pan to find a little bit of old tranny fluid still in the tranny and the filter looks to be used and dirty the transmission pan gasket does not appear to be new! So now I'm starting to question if this thing has really been rebuilt or if I was sold a used tranny not a rebuilt transmission. Is there any way to tell if I have been ripped off! The tranny is suppose to have high proformance clutches, sun shell, corvette servo assembly, Borg-Warner 2/4 3/4 clutch sets

Pan plug

Old fluid

Wipped out the pan

New filter?

His add