Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala Apps

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2013, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala Apps

I just purchased a 2014 Impala. Great Car. Does anyone know if additional Apps are available and where to get them? I would love to see an Audible app so I can listen to my audible books, by amazon, while I drive. I can listen to them through my phone, which connects to the car, but it would be better to load an app on the screen.
Old September 14th, 2013, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

From what I was told by Chevy updates will be coming out soon and be available on the MyLink website. Update via USB thumb drive.
Old September 15th, 2013, 6:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks For The Reply

I have had my 2014 Impala for a week now and I love this car. Well done Chevy. The only thing that will make it better will be access to downloadable apps. I look forward to perhaps Fuel Buddy, Aubible, and perhaps a few others.

BTY the Pandora apps is a little frustrating. Every time I connect my iphone and select Pandora on the My Link system I have to accept the link to Pandora on my phone. Perhaps someone could suggest a one time accept for all time with Pandora.

Also, some times, when I am listening to content on my phone Pandora or Ipod, answer a phone call, and then end the call the sound shifts to my phone. I have to open the arm rest, disconnect the phone cable and reconnect it to get the sound back on the car. This is frustrating while driving. A fix for this would be great too.

Thanks
Old September 23rd, 2013, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default LED Running Lamps

Any word if the LED running lamps will be sold as add on for 2LT.

I would love to have them added to car to complete the look i wanted. I know people say just buy 2LTZ, but I couldn't see speding that much just for lights and i have a 2013 Malibu that I was unhappy with and lost a lot of money on that car as I only had it a year.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

I have impala witn NO navigation as i never used it enough, but do you think the new apps will require chevy Nav. I had 2013 malibu for rental when my car was in shop and it had no Nav system and it had movie times and weather in it provided by XM radio, but in new impala to get same app you need Nav which makes no sense. All in all I hope new apps don't require chevy navigation as I think the Onstar Nav that comes with car is pleanty.
Old September 26th, 2013, 5:02 AM
CF Beginner

I have had my 2014 Impala for less than a month. I like much about this car, however, I have been trying to find out about apps for the My Link system. It is difficult to get any answers from the dealer or anyone else.

This My Link needs more apps.

My Iphone does not fully sync, for instance my voice mail messages do not list in the my link.

Why doesn't the weather show up? No weather app?

Why don't my calendar reminders appear? When a reminder alarm sounds on my phone I have to open the arm rest and try to pull out the phone to see what it is? Very inconvenient?

I did not buy the nav software on purpose? Because the dealer could not tell me how I would update the maps. In my Tom Tom I update the maps for free every 6 months? The dealers response? Why update the maps?

If I have to have the nav software to get the apps I need, then what is the point of having My Link?

Does anyone know who to contact to get some real answers about adding apps to My Link for the 2104 Impala?

Thanks
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

Does this Mylink work well with your cell phone? Clear voice, does it drop calls, and all that? Does it work well at all? I dont know why apps would be needed for a car however before I buy one I want to have some others input on how well it works along with any other glitches with the car.

Last edited by vakmere; October 18th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old October 31st, 2013, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vakmere
Does this Mylink work well with your cell phone? Clear voice, does it drop calls, and all that? Does it work well at all? I dont know why apps would be needed for a car however before I buy one I want to have some others input on how well it works along with any other glitches with the car.
I have a rather old smartphone (an LG Optimus S) and one of the things that was on top of my list for my new car was that it would be compatible. The 2014 Impala's bluetooth feature is! It connects to the phone and even plays an alert tone when the phone is connected. It downloads my phone book from the phone so I can place calls using the steering wheel DIC controls without taking my hands off the wheel. It shows my battery level and how many signal bars the phone is getting right on the car's screen. It even lets you choose several ringtones built into MyLink to play when the phone rings!

Audio quality is excellent. I ran tests and discovered that it is comparable to the OnStar Handsfree Calling feature (I had a bunch of minutes I transferred from my previous car that didn't have bluetooth). The car has nothing to do with dropped calls-that is simply your cellphone (or carrier).
Old October 31st, 2013, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Car phmoe

Originally Posted by whuyckjr
I have had my 2014 Impala for less than a month. I like much about this car, however, I have been trying to find out about apps for the My Link system. It is difficult to get any answers from the dealer or anyone else.

This My Link needs more apps.

My Iphone does not fully sync, for instance my voice mail messages do not list in the my link.

Why doesn't the weather show up? No weather app?

Why don't my calendar reminders appear? When a reminder alarm sounds on my phone I have to open the arm rest and try to pull out the phone to see what it is? Very inconvenient?

I did not buy the nav software on purpose? Because the dealer could not tell me how I would update the maps. In my Tom Tom I update the maps for free every 6 months? The dealers response? Why update the maps?

If I have to have the nav software to get the apps I need, then what is the point of having My Link?

Does anyone know who to contact to get some real answers about adding apps to My Link for the 2104 Impala?

Thanks

The car has a phone not a smartphone
Is for receiving calls and making calls. All the items you wish you would do can be done on your smartphone.
The fewer distractions the better so why have all those apps on a car?
Old October 31st, 2013, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Apps maybe

Well I spoke to Chevy and from what I can see the Impala with My Link may not get updates. I have a loaded 2LT with all options, but no Nav as I bought mine the first day it was out and Nav and moon roof were not offered together like they are now. No big deal though as push button start cool, but its not a feature that makes the car and Nav I use onstar its just as effective. Well for Apps the 14 Malibu, ss cruze and sonic and 2 more cars will have Siri but NOT the Impala. I know I have Nav but I feel shafted that Impala has the new system but its limited. The 13 Malibu I had for rental when I had issue fixed on car had no Nav the old my link and it had movie times/ weather/ gas apps. I think with onstar and this day and age weather/ gas apps ect should be on a car at this price point. I may have not gotten the LTZ but a loaded 2LT with no Nav is still pricey almost $36000 so a car at this price should have equal or better mylink than impala / sonic and cruze ect when the Impaal is one of the highest price sedans. If Chevy says otherwise that updates are around the corner that would be great news.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala Apps