S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Needing to find 1.5 din radio for 2000 chevy blazer

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2010, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing to find 1.5 din radio for 2000 chevy blazer

I have looked everywhere and called around to radio stores around where I live. Anyway, my factory radio is a 1.5 din. I am insist on getting a 1.5 din because 1 din has to have an adapter which sticks out too far past the dash and looks ridiculous. If anyone knows of any 1.5 din aftermarket radios let me know please. I want a pretty decent brand so that means no pyle! I thought the Jensen 1.5-DIN In-Dash DVD Receiver w/ 3.5" Monitor, VM8013 was a 1.5 din but on some sites it says it is a 1 din. I also found a user review that said it is smaller than 1.5. PLEASE ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS OF RADIOS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
CF Junior Member

http://www.autotoys.com/x/home.php?cat=339

is the only site that i can find with 1.5 din radios. i have a single din in my double din slot and it fits just fine. I'm not going to say your wrong or anything, so i prefer pioneer radios over anything else for how easy to use they are but thats all personal preference
Old May 2nd, 2010, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Well unfortunately, I have not been able to find decent looking 1.5 din's on any site, not even the one you listed. I have the year model blazer when they did the weird radio size (1.5 din) so it is very hard to find any that you'll like that are a decent brand. I am about to just give up.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 4:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there are install kits available that will let you use a single din size radio. www.crutchfield.com might also have 1.5 din you like. if not, they will have the install kit and all that you need.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

I am not wanting a single din because of the fact that the adapters for them stick out too far past my dash. I kept busting my knuckles when I had my old 1 din radio in it. I quickly took it out and put the factory radio back in. Crutchfield does not have any 1.5 din radios either. I know this because I emailed them and they said so. I may just figure something out with an adapter for the 1 din's and probably buy my older brother's radio from him.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 4:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coopersgrl
Crutchfield does not have any 1.5 din radios either. I know this because I emailed them and they said so. I may just figure something out with an adapter for the 1 din's and probably buy my older brother's radio from him.
or there aren't any that you like? i guarantee crutchfield, and most other automotive audio companies, carry 1.5 din radios. true, there are only a couple manufacturers that make the 1.5 din, but they are made. pioneer has been one of the bigger companies offering them. as well as jensen.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 5:36 PM
CF Junior Member

http://www.dealtime.com/xPP-in_dash_...din_car_stereo

Any of these look good? i'm just trying to find some for you
Old May 7th, 2010, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all your help. I found another forum on here that had pictures of an adapter for my year model blazer which is from crutchfield. I am going to contact crutchfield and find out if that is the adapter that I will get when I buy a radio from them. Thanks again!
Old May 13th, 2010, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Pioneer DEH 77DH or DEH 47DH. I have the DEH 77 that I purchased on ebay. Fits perfect. Protrudes from the dash ever so slightly but fits the opening perfectly. Crutchfield used to sell it. I also installed the Pioneeer IPOD adapter and 10 Disc CD Changer.