Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Done with Chevy

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2014, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done with Chevy

My 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 will be the last GM vehicle I ever purchase. It only has 40,000 miles on it and it already needs a transmission. It leaked water into the cab and shorted out airbag. Faulty windows, rear power window shorted out. Not to mention many other airbag sensors going bad and needing replaced. Since it is 2 years out of warranty, Gm and Asheville chevrolet feels that a transmission with only 4oooo miles can go bad and do not feel like this is their problem. The dealership told me they had 6 trucks come in within 3 months with same problem. Chevy Trucks , Like a rock?
Old April 9th, 2014, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

You do realize that for every horror story like this, there's one or more for Fords, Dodges, Toyota, etc? Sorry you had such bad luck with your purchase, but I'm sure if you have a nicer attitude than this with the dealer, they'll cut you a break.

Originally Posted by meric
My 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 will be the last GM vehicle I ever purchase. It only has 40,000 miles on it and it already needs a transmission. It leaked water into the cab and shorted out airbag. Faulty windows, rear power window shorted out. Not to mention many other airbag sensors going bad and needing replaced. Since it is 2 years out of warranty, Gm and Asheville chevrolet feels that a transmission with only 4oooo miles can go bad and do not feel like this is their problem. The dealership told me they had 6 trucks come in within 3 months with same problem. Chevy Trucks , Like a rock?
Old April 9th, 2014, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

email GM Customer Service, they are located on this site and let them know what is going on.
Old April 9th, 2014, 4:10 PM
CF Monarch

Received 341 Likes on 322 Posts

Call the 1-800 number for customer service and complain. Don't ease up on them. I had the same problem with a transmission going out after the warranty was up. They ended up rebuilding it for $1000.00 after quoting 2,300. Better than nothing.
Old April 9th, 2014, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Sometimes you get a lemon. I bought a brand new explorer in 08. It was a POS! Dome light came on when ever it wanted to. dealer could not figure it out. made a dozen trips to the dealer before I figured it out on my own. Needed new ignition. wiggle the keys dome light comes on. The back seat handle broke. Just broke off in my hand. Heater relay, cv shaft, ect. all in the first 50,000 miles. Needless to say it got traded.
Old April 9th, 2014, 7:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey meric,

We apologize for any frustrations. Please feel free to send us a private message or an email at socialmedia@gm.com so that we can discuss your concern further. We look forward to hear from you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 10th, 2014, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by squierjosh
You do realize that for every horror story like this, there's one or more for Fords, Dodges, Toyota, etc? Sorry you had such bad luck with your purchase, but I'm sure if you have a nicer attitude than this with the dealer, they'll cut you a break.
squierjosh, I dont remember you being there to witness my attitude. In fact, I was very humble when asking for any help they could offer. However, I was told that they are swamped with ignition recalls and could not help me since I did not have it serviced at their dealership. Im sorry if my attitude is not nice for you at this point but you have to admit that a tranny shouldnt go out at 40000 miles.
Old April 10th, 2014, 9:02 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

meric do contact Chevy Customer Service, they maybe able to help you get in touch with a service department that can help address the issues...
I can understand the concern over only getting 40k miles out of a transmission but also consider that its also 7 years old... if it was little used and never serviced in that time its going to take its toll....
I went through 2 transmissions in my 97 Tahoe... first one went out at 11k ! miles, warranty covered that, the next time was a little over 100k, that one I got to pay for...
transmissions are probably the hardest working most punished mechanical device on any vehicle...
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Wow that is bad but depending on how the truck gad been used. Towing large items ******* it out(not accusing you of either)
Old April 10th, 2014, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input. I was contacted by a GM rep. Maybe my faith in GM will be renewed. At least, they are concerned enough to contact me.

Quick Reply: Done with Chevy