Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

93 Suburban No Power to inside of vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2013, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 93 Suburban No Power to inside of vehicle.

Hey all, I was driving down the road and all of a sudden my truck cut out. I figured it just stalled or something, so I switched over to neutral and tried the ignition and I realized I have no power to the inside of my cab. I have headlights but no power what so ever inside of the vehicle. A/C, Radio, etc. When I turn the key, nothing? I checked the battery, its rated for 800 I have 809, so its not the battery. I checked every fuse and I am getting a good current through all of them. None are blown.

Question is, why no power to inside of vehicle. Any thoughts?

I did change the ignition switch and no luck!

Last edited by Stephen Bannworth; June 15th, 2013 at 5:31 PM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a bit of a newbie but I have done car stereo installs for years. Is your a/c compressor still in working order? Im not sure if its relevant in Chevys but I had several vehicles that would blow fuses and cut all aux functions because the a/c compressor coil was arching out and grounding out the whole electrical system.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I figured the no power issue out. Under the hood on the passenger side there is a junction box and in that box are a bunch of ground wires. The wires are connected to fusable links and one on the links had blown. So needless to say I found out why my truck lost all power.

Now the new problem is. I keep blowing fuel pump fuses and gauge fuses. I have checked the connections and I can not see any visible shorts in the wires. Not sure where else to look?
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could the fuel pump itself be bad & cause this? I had this happen once, so far. I had a new fuel pump, fuses & a gauge put in. All is functional, for now.