Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can you make heads or tails of this?

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Can you make heads or tails of this?

konasmrz,
I dont have the lockpick but want to add the camera. What all will be different since I dont have the lockpick? Only the power source and ground?

Where did you guys get your CCD-900's? How much?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 2:03 PM
CF Addict

“ON INSTALLATION OF CCD-900”

I talked to Brian at JP customs today. I ordered the video RCA cable plug that will go into the C4 Connector on the back of the HU to connect to the cameras video rca.

He said that he would use the AC controls power and ground! He said on the back of the heater control unit there is a Black connector, use PIN 1, Red/White wire for power! Use PIN 15, black for the ground!

Lastly, he said he didn’t think that I needed to hook the PINK Reverse Sensor wire up from the video box since our Radios already have the reverse sensor option! He wasn’t sure though.

Do I still need to hook up the PINK Reverse Sensor Wire or Not? Konasmrz, help please?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the reverse sensor wire, Brian is correct, it does not have to be hooked up. The video "in" on the back of the head-unit is always on, once you put it into reverse you are merely hitting a switch, for lack of a better explanation. Bottom line, you're going to be all good, disregard the pink wire on the camera kit.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:34 PM
CF Addict

Perfect, I didnt want to mess with that! The video IN is always on, do i need to do anything there? So in other words, the camera is ALWAYS going to be one, just not able to be viewed on screen until in reverse?

TMW, you think the location for power and ground I mentioned is fine?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Power is not my expertise, but what Brian says, sounds logical.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:45 PM
CF Addict

Sounds good, i will go with it!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 5:42 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

"ON INSTALLATION OF CCD-900”

I talked to Brian at JP customs today. I ordered the video RCA cable plug that will go into the C4 Connector on the back of the HU to connect to the cameras video rca.

He said that he would use the AC controls power and ground! He said on the back of the heater control unit there is a Black connector, use PIN 1, Red/White wire for power! Use PIN 15, black for the ground!

Lastly, he said he didn't think that I needed to hook the PINK Reverse Sensor wire up from the video box since our Radios already have the reverse sensor option! He wasn't sure though.

Do I still need to hook up the PINK Reverse Sensor Wire or Not? Konasmrz, help please?
If you are using the Kenwood camera then yes you need the pink wire to the reverse lamp. What this wire does is sense +12 V when the reverse lamp is active, which then turns on the electronics box. If you do not connect it your camera module & camerawill be powered on as long as your +12V power (red wire) is active (i.e., ignition switched on). If you want to test this function then you can hook the pink wire up to the colored wire of a brake light (what I did), put the Tahoe in reverse and you will see the video turn on when the brake is applied and shut off when the brake light goes off. The reverse sense in the Nav radio only tells the Nav to look at the video input from the camera and display it on the screen - has nothing to do with telling the Kenwood box to power on/off.

Regarding power source, your choice, the box has a 2A fuse so it draws very little current - either the Lockpik or the AC controls would be fine.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 5:45 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

konasmrz,
I dont have the lockpick but want to add the camera. What all will be different since I dont have the lockpick? Only the power source and ground?

Where did you guys get your CCD-900's? How much?
Got mine from Crutchfield - was $199, but I had a $20 coupon.....
Old January 3rd, 2007, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: TMW597

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

The Kenwood CCD 900 has a small electronics box that the video cable plugs into - just like the GM unit. I put it in basically the same place as the factory camera module under the passenger seat. Location of the wire tray runs along the door sills to the "T" junction under the passenger seat also seemed easire than fishing the cable under the kick panel & through the dash.

In my case, with the GM lockpik box & harness there was little room left under the radio to cram the module in. Also, if ledigt? is installing in a Suburban the Kenwood harness might not be long enough to make it to the dash........
Where are the pictures man!!!??? Take a shot of the camera, and the module under the seat. Wanna' see!
Here you go......

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/213F8C200DF44157ABA03B49AC43A4D1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/468C76D439D9470FA62ECA914DEAFDE6.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 3rd, 2007, 5:58 PM
CF Active Member

more......

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/5E2A961522BC4C008AA336305DE39C9A.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Can you make heads or tails of this?