Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Chime not working on 2008 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2012, 4:50 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chime not working on 2008 Tahoe

The seatbelt / key in ignition / backup assist chime on my 2008 Tahoe is barely audible. It works properly about 5% of the time and the rest of the time, It's so faint that it almost can't be heard. Any ideas ?
Old July 31st, 2012, 1:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cavfan
The seatbelt / key in ignition / backup assist chime on my 2008 Tahoe is barely audible. It works properly about 5% of the time and the rest of the time, It's so faint that it almost can't be heard. Any ideas ?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> This may be due to a loose connection or corroded wire. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis. If this is a troublesome issue for you, consider having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to assist you further after an inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 31st, 2012, 2:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Did you scroll thru the dic choices, I believe one is chime volume.
Old August 5th, 2012, 7:09 PM
New User

I did. The chime is set on loud.
Old October 1st, 2012, 5:57 PM
New User

In addition to the chime, now my stereo only has sound through the 2 front tweeters and is barely audible
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The chime does go through the speakers, might want to check the connections at the back of the radio as CCS suggested... Don't just push it in or wiggle, fully removed the connection, inspect for corrosion maybe even wipe them with an alcohol soaked q-tip and re-install.
Old October 19th, 2012, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cavfan
Your problem is addressed here: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...s-issue-34419/

You just need to replace the speakers.