Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Has anyone installed a Kenwood 8120 GPS yet?

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone installed a Kenwood 8120 GPS yet?

Shawn,

Thanks for your efforts again. The wiring is just a small black wire with the Video jack wiring and the + and - 12 volts coming from the radio. It's just a flexible wire the size of say a stranded #12 wire. Very flexible.

I've printed out your 3 drawings and I guess the only question I'd like to ask you if you don't mind is what each number means. Are those screws or snap on connectors? The door looks ghastly to work on from the drawing. Is it that bad?

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving...

Gary
Old November 30th, 2008, 9:56 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Has anyone installed a Kenwood 8120 GPS yet?

Decided that I didn't know enough about taking door panels and stuff off so headed to local big outlet and let them finish running the tv camera wire from the license plate to the head unit for $75. I went off and managed to eat lunch and fixed arooftop heateron a weekend call and I got done way ahead of camera install time.

Kind of glad I did it that way as I don't remember the pain of the install at all... He also popped up the front dash panel and put the GPS antenna in there for me. All done. Very happy. (It snowed here and I did take the truck through the car wash and sat the rear door in the blow dryer more then the rest of the car before we dropped it off for the install..)

Thanks for the help you guys... Appreciate it...

Gary
Old November 22nd, 2011, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default how to if possible

i have a video in motion unlocked nav in my 08 suburban. i was wondering if there was a way to use stock nav to play video on my aftermarket pulldown monitor on second row and be able to view it simultaneously front and back while driving.