Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old March 18th, 2019, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

SO, it's been a while since I last posted, I had finally felt like I was rid of the Stabilitrak nightmare, but I was wrong. It came back and a couple weeks later my truck just wouldn't start period. Long story short, I needed to replace my fuel pump, so I did, and the truck worked for literally one hour and shut down on me again. Mechanic comes back out and tells me the module needs to be replaced and it will need to reprogrammed. So I take it to the dealer and they do the reprogramming and it still won't start. So I let them diagnose it and three days later they finally figure it out. From what I understand, and what is written in the paperwork, it was something about my wiring harness or the wires getting wrapped around my axel and being torn up. The whole job only cost me $130 to reprogram the module and $200 to fix the wires and this was about a week and a half and she has been running better than when I bought her so let's see how long this lasts.
Old March 19th, 2019, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Silverado Stabilitrak

Good morning all - thought I would provide an update on the posts I placed on 11/14/18, 12/12/18, and 1/11/19. Problem began as random misfire triggering bad stabilitrak warning and truck instability. Much like everyone else here, the truck lurched at stoplights, shuddered and shook. I used code reader and found #1 misfire and random misfire. Checked and replaced plugs (they had 60,000 + on them). All was good for a bit, until it triggered again on New Years Eve 12/31/2018. The #1 plug fouled bad again, others were good. Code reader indicated misfire. I replaced the coil pak on that cylinder - a MSD unit was all I could find in town at O'Reilly and it was the least expensive. I also replaced the plug. Truck has been good ever since and not fouled it again. I likely will replace all the coil paks some time this summer as a precaution. The truck now has a little over 309,000 miles on it.
Old March 19th, 2019, 5:15 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the update
Old May 29th, 2019, 3:39 AM
CF Beginner

I drive an 08 Tahoe Z71 and had a similar issue. Engine light at first, then Stabilitrack and Traction Control, then ENGINE REDUCING POWER message. The truck drove slow, shifted hard, and even starting shutting off on me while driving. I had 9 codes referencing all of the O2 sensors, the Evap Vent/Solenoid, and Open circuit A. I traced the connections from each O2 sensor and found that one of the wiring harnesses had dropped onto the exhaust and burned through about 8-9 wires. I reconnected them and secured that harness better and every code went away. Driving like new money ever since. Cost me the price of a few waterproof wire connectors. Hope this gives someone direction and hope.

Wires burned by my fingertips
Old May 30th, 2019, 4:38 AM
CF Beginner

My fix was a simple clogged (with oil sludge) valve. Ofcourse this was found by a 2nd mechanic after first mechanic placed 2000 worth of new parts on my car (I should add first mechanic is a very knowledgeable and respected mechanic, he just missed it). That was why my car was burning oil at such a rapid rate. So have them check and clean your valves. It ended up costing me only labor to have it taken care of!

Originally Posted by gilstone View Post
Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!