Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2018, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... Lots of folks with Stabitrack issue. I'll add mine in case there is some wisdom in where to start looking!
So my unique (or not so unique) situation... My traction control and stabiltrack light come on when it warms up. When it's cold (like it is now) the light goes
off and stays off until the car or ambient gets hotter. There is no loss of power or anything like that.
This seems like a loose connection somewhere!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim
Old December 20th, 2018, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, mine is doing it again. It's been flashing that dang stabilitrak warning at me at least once a day for the last week or so. I'm at a loss with this thing already.
Old December 20th, 2018, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak

I'd sure get a hold of a good scanner or someone with one and look for any misses on number 4 cylinder in it's memory. Look of my posts on this to see what I went through.

Keep in mind that if the light is flashing and it turns out to be a miss that means it could damage your catalytic converter.

Good luck and have a Merry Christmas...

Guvner..
Old December 20th, 2018, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, it has been scanned by 3 different mechanics and I've replaced what all 3 scanners brought up. I'm just lost now..... and I will look for your entry, thanks!
Old December 21st, 2018, 9:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guvner can you elaborate on cylinder 4. I had the misfire on 4 twice. Replaced the spark plug which was had a lot of deposit around the tip twice. That seemed to fix it. I also got it the other day with a tps code. So I replaced the throttle position sensor. And it’s been ok. I’ve been luck every time I get the traction control/Stabilitrack issue. I’m able to resolve it myself. I too have a Solus edge. The one time it was tricky for me was when I got a torque converter clutch solenoid code. Went through the trouble of replacing the solenoid by splicing into the harness. Fixed the issue for one day. Then I thought I didn’t splice it right. Ended up replacing the entire valve body harness. Again fixed for 1 day. Ton of work, time and frustration. Well after all that it turned out to be the transmission control module. But what is going on with cylinder 4. Is my lifter going? I’m almost at 200k.
Old December 26th, 2018, 2:47 AM
CF Beginner

I also had the same problem as all you guys of had with all the lights coming on and miss firing, my truck never lost power and never had any transmission problems . I had it diagnosed for the misfire, replace that particular cell annoyed and all the spark plugs and wires. All of my problems were solved !!!!!!
Old December 26th, 2018, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
Guvner can you elaborate on cylinder 4. I had the misfire on 4 twice. Replaced the spark plug which was had a lot of deposit around the tip twice. That seemed to fix it. I also got it the other day with a tps code. So I replaced the throttle position sensor. And it’s been ok. I’ve been luck every time I get the traction control/Stabilitrack issue. I’m able to resolve it myself. I too have a Solus edge. The one time it was tricky for me was when I got a torque converter clutch solenoid code. Went through the trouble of replacing the solenoid by splicing into the harness. Fixed the issue for one day. Then I thought I didn’t splice it right. Ended up replacing the entire valve body harness. Again fixed for 1 day. Ton of work, time and frustration. Well after all that it turned out to be the transmission control module. But what is going on with cylinder 4. Is my lifter going? I’m almost at 200k.
When I went in to look at the history of my cylinder number 4 it had if memory serves (I could go look at my old post) an unbelievable 38,000 number in the history. I don't think 2 misses would make me think anything other then a coil or other ignition problem. It could be the beginning if it started missing and tripping light every time you used it. TPS isn't involved in problem I spoke of that I remember. (As a side note I just cleaned my TPS on a Ford pickup and the TPS cleaner didn't work worth a darn but the carb cleaner works fine. You just have to be careful to not get it on certain parts where the carb cleaner damages the TPS. I used a rag with carb cleaner and cleaned specifically the built up carbon without spraying the TPS. Worked like a charm.)

Tried to attach the video here after I saved it to my hard drive but this forum doesn't accept MP4 from the iPhone.

In your case I'm assuming since the problem is coming back constantly I'd hook up your Solus to live data and just leave it on while you're driving making sure number 4 cylinder is the main thing to watch. Once it starts to miss and trips out the stabilitrak you will be able to see the screen showing the misses freak out. If you care to send me a text message with a phone number I will send the captured iPhone video of what tripped my mechanic friend into realizing that what I thought I had was exactly what I had. I have a GM certified rebuild in my Suburban now. No more problems.. If you tell me how to attach it here I can do that but have never done it before on this forum but will look when my typing is over here...
Old December 27th, 2018, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

I was googling the same problem
just bought new Tahoe 2019 from local dealer in Saudi Arabia Jeddah
after I paid in cash the car price, and @ zero mile, at the show room when engine started it showed the same problem and they are telling me to come back in few days. they will do recheck at maintenance to fix the problem
they refuses to substitute the car, they didn't provide me a replacement car till they fix the problem , they are not willing to give me my money back I find that ironic when GM commercials speaking about warranty and road help while GM cars disabled and not functioning at the show room
I regret that I bought GM car
this just happened today 27/12/2018
car vin # 1GNSC7EC5KR165060
I FILED A COMPLAINT VIA CHEVROLET ARABIA BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T EXPECT MUCH FROM THEM
Old December 31st, 2018, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

If you Google you can find a website that gives a running list of problems wrong with your vehicle
Old December 31st, 2018, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default I posted a video about my experiences with the Stabilitrak/Brake light/Check Engine

The engine scanner I used was the Snap ON Solus Edge which comes into the video showing the very recent history showing as jagged lines as you'd see on an Oscilliscope. (Press Above Link)

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control