Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How long do they really last

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2007, 4:44 PM
J_C
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do they really last

i'm thinking about purhasing an 04 tahoe LT. it's a really great looking suv without a ding or scrath, but the only thing that worries me is the millage on it...85k!!! should i stay away because of the millage? i'm getting a really great deal that fits in my budget and an extra warranty for 5 years through the dealership. what do you guys think? any opinions would be great...
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: How long do they really last

I have only had good luck with autos when I buy new and take care of it myself. The few times that I have purchased used (anything) I seem to always have a ton of problems.

...So how long do they last. It is a combination of whether prior owners took care of it and dumb luck. Most vehicles will last 200,000 miles if they are taken care of.
Old July 29th, 2007, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: How long do they really last

I just sold my 03 Z71 tahoe with 87k and upgraded to an 07. With 87k miles I was beginning to experience several rattles and noises but the engine and trans felt as though they would last forever. I had never replaced the brakes and it was about time. Also, the engine has an idol sensor associated with the A/C that had gone bad. My friend with simalar car/year/mileage just had water pump go out. I'm on my 9th Chevy and it has been my experience that somewhere around 100k there are going to be some small repairs that will have to be made. I also believe that the main components(engine and trans) if maintained properly are fine up to 200k. So do they last? Some parts do and some parts don't. I would be sure that you know enough about the cars history to feel comfortable that it has been serviced correctly.