Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LED interior and license plate lights

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2013, 6:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just another issue to this topic. Last week I have installed red led lamps for the tailgate breaklights. It worked fine, except... at night the cruise control was not working. After some readings over the Internet I found the responsible for this were the led lamps, so I replaced then with the original ones and the cruise control is working fine again.
Also, led lamps for the turn light signal is not good, as the turn lights start blinking very fast as if one of the lamps is dead.
Have a great day,
Sergio
Old November 16th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

It sounds like the tail light bulbs you got did not have the load resistors in them.
Old November 17th, 2013, 4:32 AM
CF Junior Member

They had the resistors inside it, but it seems they don't have the proper resistance. Well, they are made in China, and unfortunately most of the things fabricated there do not have quality.
Old November 17th, 2013, 7:41 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

The LED lights have resisters built in for the LED but that is not the same as the load resister(s) needed to fool the BCM... the BCM looks for low resistance and assumes its a bulb that is out...
A load resistor placed in line with the LED will create a higher resistance that a regular incandescent bulb would, the LED's will then flash correctly... however if the LED goes out the BCM will likely no longer know the lamp is out due to the resistor being in place...
Check out Super Bright LED's

Also look for LED's called Can Bus LED's these will have the resistors built in...
Old November 18th, 2013, 6:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Thank you for your explanation in2pro, I didn't know that. Now I have put the regular lamps again, maybe in the future I will try the leds again.