Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav install Questions - Yes I read the Super Nav Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav install Questions - Yes I read the Super Nav Thread

Just finished Nav install. Unlike most of what I have read, my unit fired up with no blue "Theft Lock Screen." I loaded Map CD and everything worked fine. The questions I have are

1) I purchased the JPCustoms wiring harness, but it doesn't seem like I need it. I installed the Gen 4 Lock pick, so I think it has something to do with this. Is this true? All of my navigation functionality seems to be working including turn by turn instruction, my onstar is still working correctly as well.

2) Where can I located the part number on the head unit. None of the numbers I'm finding match any of the part numbers listed on the forum. I think the part number is 25834072.

3) Do I need to have the unit programed for the DVD play back option to be available or should it automatically pop up on the head unit as an option. I tried inserting a DVD and it said the disc was not readable. I'm hoping that the guy I bought it from and said it played DVDs was not lying to me.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Nav install Questions - Yes I read the Super Nav Thread

1) I believe some of the newer Gen 4's come equipped so that you won't need the JPCustoms wiring harness. Does it come w/ the VSS wire though? Did you tap into it?

2) The part numbers of the units are actually stickers on the units themselves, hence, can be easily removed. I'm not sure if GEN4 will do this, but since you did not get a theftlock screen, I assume it is a brand new, previously uninstalled unit. So far there have been various versions of the unit. 2 of the top of my head are 15940102, which is the older DVD enabled unit, the new model number is 25846421.

3) Easiest way to see if the unit is DVD enabled is to check right under the screen, to the left, it should have a big bold DVD logo.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Son of a &$%*$. Just what I didn't want to hear. My unit does not have theDVD label on it.(Thanks for the reply though) What are the chances the guy sent me the wrong one? Ha

With regard to the VSS vire, I didn't tap into anything. I did think it was a bit strange that the GEN 4 had a black and a brown female plug, but coming out of my dash I had a black and purple male plugs. I plugged the black connector from my dash into the lock pick, plugged the purple connector directly into the Head Unit and that left the brown female connector from the lock pick without anything to plug into. (and it didn't fit into the purple connector from the Dash). The brown female, did, however, plug into the JPCustoms wiring harness, which I plugged in and ran to the appropriate location, but did not hook up b/c the JP Customs instructions say to skip that step if you have the Gen4 Lock pick. The JPCustoms harness also has a rca like plug that I didn't know what to do with so any insight here would be extremely helpful. Any experience with this issue is appreciated.

Also, noticed this morning that I can not control the volume of people I am talking to over onstar with the radio anymore, and it seems like the radio is not as loud as it was with the stock head unit.

Sorry for all the questions. First Tahoe and I'm still learning.
Old May 20th, 2008, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

ORIGINAL: cmonteiro1
What are the chances the guy sent me the wrong one? Ha
If he said it would play DVDs then he sent you the wrong one. []
Old January 8th, 2009, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

I also bought a new unit and installed it on my 2007 Tahoe. Everything works on it but at times I get a slash accross the GPS tab on the screen and gps stops tracking. Do you know what this might be. Also the voice recognition is not working, it seems like if the unit does not pick up the voice. It also does not seem to give me turn by turn directions, I just get the highlighted line with the direction of travel. HELP[]