Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

rear door/hatch on 02 burb

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2014, 3:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear door/hatch on 02 burb

How to open the rear hatch/door it lifts up...not the barn door type.
How to open it up from the inside? going to use it to sleep in and would like to be able to open that door from inside the vehicle instead of using the side doors. anyone know how to do this?
thanks
Old April 6th, 2014, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't think there is a way...(without modification) I have wondered that myself for the same purpose... seems like it would be easy enough to add a momentary switch in the side pillar where its not likely to get bumped or activated....
if yours is mechanical , seems like you could install a generic door lock actuator, as they are fairly inexpensive...
Old April 8th, 2014, 6:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks in2pro, I was hoping there was a pull cable I was not seeing, as I do have a mechanical latch. I think I will just make a pull cable. I guess I will be taking off the rear plastic lol
Old April 9th, 2014, 7:08 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd take a look at it and see if you can add an aftermarket lock actuator and a momentary button, but you will have to run power into the door somehow... do keep us posted and if you can take a few pictures of the project if you add the pull cable..
Old April 23rd, 2014, 6:12 PM
CF Junior Member

I have not yet had the time to take off the rear plastics on the hatch yet, but maybe tomorrow yeah tomorrow. But I just found out that tomorrow never comes, damn my luck. When I do get to it I will post some pics of what I intend to do with this issue, as I really want to open the rear hatch or even the complete hatch door .
Old April 24th, 2014, 9:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my 3rd suburban and wanted to do that to each of them, tomorrow. Like you tomorrow has yet to come. I always wondered why GM never put a way to open the back doors/hatch from the inside. Trunks have a safety release, why not our door/hatch? Hey GM, It's in your ball park now.