Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Headrest DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2007, 9:12 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: Rear Headrest DVD Player

I have the overhead DVD RSE and can listen to DVDs, CDs, & radio with the wireless headphones but do have to switch between #1 & #2 on the headphones when going from movies to CDs or radio.
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey when u install this take som pics and let me know how it works do you have nav
Old June 29th, 2007, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggmon or someone else that has installed these headrest dvd monitors. Can you please briefly explain "how to take off the seat backs" for this installation? Thank you.

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

DEI, you will need to take off the seat backs, take the pieces off the back of the center console, unsnap and take out the top of the center console (where the cup holders snap into), you will then run the wiring harness to the junction box (whatever its called) under the dash, thats where the power comes from. It plugs right in. Then you are correct everything plugs into a black junction box that you mount inside the center console.
I hope this helps and is not confusing.

ORIGINAL: DEI

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

I got this set up. I paid $1100.00 for the set on ebay. It was pretty easy to install also. Everything just plugs in. Follow the directions. You can play two movies at once or watch one movie on both sets at the same time.
I think my kids used it once, but we love the things.
Biggmon...Could you tell me whatI might have to take apart to install these (seat backs, center counsel??). I would assume both displays must plug into some sort of "black box", but where do they draw the power from and do they hook into the factory stereo also? Thanks for any info!