Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 6:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Transmission Guides
Print Wikipost

Shudder or miss at cruising speed

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2021, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by levi3
All my issues started after the injectors were replaced. I had the same issue, 2 things corrected it for me. The plinth was warped and had to be replaced, also the intake manifold gasket was replaced.
my 1994 Chevy with a 4.3 5 speed manual works perfect when the power to the SPEED BUFFER is disconnected...when power is connected to speedo my truck has a shudder when shifting gears and at cruising speed or just off idle...but works fine when on the throttle...I have changed everything you could think of and still same...I have not driven it in the last year because I haven't had time...I am going to try swapping the PCM next....I hope it works but if not I will just run it without speedo until I can figure it out...I have inspected wires but I may change the harness if the PCM swap fails
Old February 22nd, 2022, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Question "Buck" for lack of better idea of description

Had new crate 5.7L and new transmission installed and now this problem. They thought it was happening when shifting but its actually not during shifting. I can be cruising at, for example, 50 mph for several minutes and all the sudden it "bucks" or what feels like a hard shift. No RPM drop or anything. Just a buck. they couldn't figure it out after checking everything possible and even sent back the transmission to manufacturer and got a new one because they thought they received a bad transmission. But that wasn't it. It did NOT do this before the new motor and transmission. So I am at a loss. I took the truck because they exhausted all possibilities and it otherwise runs fine; but I have 6 months left on my year warranty and am contemplating taking it back just telling them it is getting worse, so figure it out. BUT, I don't think they can. Otherwise I might take it somewhere else for some fresh eyes. Thoughts??
Old February 22nd, 2022, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Had new crate 5.7L and new transmission installed and now this problem. They thought it was happening when shifting but its actually not during shifting. I can be cruising at, for example, 50 mph for several minutes and all the sudden it "bucks" or what feels like a hard shift. No RPM drop or anything. Just a buck. they couldn't figure it out after checking everything possible and even sent back the transmission to manufacturer and got a new one because they thought they received a bad transmission. But that wasn't it. It did NOT do this before the new motor and transmission. So I am at a loss. I took the truck because they exhausted all possibilities and it otherwise runs fine; but I have 6 months left on my year warranty and am contemplating taking it back just telling them it is getting worse, so figure it out. BUT, I don't think they can. Otherwise I might take it somewhere else for some fresh eyes. Thoughts??
Old March 3rd, 2023, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default Any resolution yet?

This thread has been running for quite some time. I’ve got a ‘94 suburban doing the exact same thing now. Has anyone actually found a solution for this bucking at cruise issue? Like to hear your fix.
Old October 14th, 2023, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Me to

Originally Posted by jonathanl
This thread has been running for quite some time. I’ve got a ‘94 suburban doing the exact same thing now. Has anyone actually found a solution for this bucking at cruise issue? Like to hear your fix.
I seem to have developed the same problem. Little single miss at part throttle. Sometimes a few in a row.