TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

part found on oil pan cover

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2014, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default part found on oil pan cover

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and need some help. I was changing the oil and when I removed the oil pan cover, I discovered an electrical part. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where it came from. The pole has a spring loaded tip and there are four spades on the electrical plug.

The trailblazer is an '05 ext ls. And everything seems to work fine. The only issue with it now is the fan clutch. Ill be replacing ut next week. But other than that it works great.
Old May 21st, 2014, 7:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No part #'s on that? damn... has anyone else worked on the engine? Probably changed the part, dropped the old one by mistake and couldn't get it out.

It must have been wedged in there, or did it rattle?
Old May 21st, 2014, 7:38 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

It's also plausible that you picked it up off the road... ran over it and it got tossed up in the under side...
Old May 21st, 2014, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
It's also plausible that you picked it up off the road... ran over it and it got tossed up in the under side...
It definitely fell off the motor. The oil pan cover is fairly snug. It has never had any rattles or crazy sounds. Well, other than the fan clutch. There is a dip in the cover. Thats where it was sitting.

Nate

Last edited by ktmnate; May 21st, 2014 at 7:53 PM.
Old May 21st, 2014, 7:55 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ktmnate
It definitely fell off the motor. The oil pan cover is fairly snug. It has never had any rattles or crazy sounds. Well, other than the fan clutch. There is a dip in the cover. Thats where it was sitting.

Nate
It is very unlikely it fell off, it would have had to unscrew itself and get an electrical connection undone.... was probably dropped as impy surmised...
Old May 21st, 2014, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

I imagine it might have been wedged somewhere and finally broke loose. I have owned it since 2008 and 70k miles. And since I have owned it, I'm the only one who has ever worked on it. It seems strange that it could have been wedged somewhere that long. It's even had some minor off duty in the past.

I cant imagine it backing out while plugged in and then the plug comming out. If it was on the motor, it had to be unplugged before it backed out. Its just strange.

I did button everything back up. And it is still running good.
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ktmnate
I imagine it might have been wedged somewhere and finally broke loose. I have owned it since 2008 and 70k miles. And since I have owned it, I'm the only one who has ever worked on it. It seems strange that it could have been wedged somewhere that long. It's even had some minor off duty in the past.

I cant imagine it backing out while plugged in and then the plug comming out. If it was on the motor, it had to be unplugged before it backed out. Its just strange.

I did button everything back up. And it is still running good.
On my 94 f-body I bought in 97 with 29k... upon engine "upgrades', we found a bolt in the "engine cradle area" for lack of a better term..

wasn't from me...
Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
CF Beginner

Looks like a brake or clutch pedal switch