TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

traction control service light on 06

Old June 20th, 2011, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrac light back on again....

Well, my service stabilitrac lights back on so its heading to the dealer in 2 days...our local mechanic pulled same code as dealer did last time..sensor bad again...wondering if this will be ongoing ?? Will it continue to be covered when my ext. warranty runs out in 2K miles ??
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

pebblesalb6,

If you are getting this issue fixed at your local dealership then there would be a part warranty on the part in the unfortunate event that the part does falter again.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 21st, 2011, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

I had mine fixed at a chevy dealership and put a lot of miles on my car trying to get it fixed and it still does it but my warranty is out so oh well, lol. I miss my 02 trailblazer and wish I never got my 06, I dont car for the stability trac.
Old June 21st, 2011, 4:11 PM
Official GM Rep

KbubSky,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. When did you get it fixed last?

Thank you
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

It has been months, I would have to check the dates. I just stopped worrying about it, I think I got a lemon from a dealer that just wanted the sale, like most but no worries I LOVED all my chevys and will not buy anything else so hopefully this is just a transition car, lol. So much stuff has had to be fixed on this car that in a few years it should be brand new, lol. I've had to replace speakers (which the new one's they installed are busted), fuel gage, air system plus blowers twice, 0 2 sensors, the whole stability trac system a couple times just to name a few, im mad at the car and dealer not the brand.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Mines at the dealership getting another sensor installed. I'm wondering, if you just ignore it and not take it in will it further damage the car in anyway?? Is it unsafe to drive ??
Old June 23rd, 2011, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

certain sensors you do not need to ignore, like 0 2 sensors are bad on gas, as far as the stability trac I dont know if it's ok to ignore it. I wish there was a switch to just turn the stability trac off, I know how to drive, lol. Just let them fix it if it is under warranty wouldn't hurt and it may fix your problem
Old June 24th, 2011, 4:26 PM
Official GM Rep

pebblesalb6,

If you ever see the SERVICE STABILITRAK message, it means there may be a problem with your StabiliTrak system. If you see this message, try to reset the system by performing the following: stop; turn off the engine; then start the engine again. If the SERVICE STABILITRAK message still comes on, it means there is a problem. You should see your GM dealer for service. The vehicle is safe to drive, however, you do not have the benefit of StabiliTrak so reduce your speed and drive accordingly. Press the select button to acknowledge this message and clear it from the DIC display.

Thank you
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Elizabeth, I think you are missing the point. The fact that the light comes on when the wheel slips is fine. For me at least, I have a problem with the fact I have to stop, turn the vehicle off and restart to get rid of the error light. It should reset itself after the wheel is done slipping!
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Official GM Rep

B33p3r,

Have you been into the dealership for this issue? If so, what did they say?

Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: traction control service light on 06