TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

traction control service light on 06

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2013, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabilitrack message always on

My 06 SS is doing the same thing but the Service Stabilitrack message stays on all of the time. I have had a mechanic change the Steering Angle Indicator sensor but the problem did not disappear. Does something have to be reset/recalibrated in order for the Steering Angle sensor to work properly? Thanks for any help.
Old May 1st, 2013, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone ever try replacing the front wheel hub/bearing/sensors? We had a similar issue with Stabilitrack randomly displaying this message for a few months with our 2006 SS and then it escalated to randomly applying brakes, sometimes with extreme force. Not something you want happening at freeway speeds.

4 visits to 2 different dealerships and a GM master tech couldn't figure it out because it never generated any codes. Flashing the PCM seemed to help and they found some module that was out of calibration but nothing stopped it, just made it happen less frequently.

On the advice of another owner I replaced the whole front wheel hub assembly, bearings and sensors and all. No more crazy self-braking, though some mornings we still get the service message for a few minutes. Just something to check since it's fairly inexpensive.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service Traction Control 2007 Impala

I have had a similar issue with my 2007 Impala. Service Traction Control message would come on several times during almost any drive, usually start within the first 5 minutes of a drive. I have ~200k mile on the car. The message would often be accompanied by the yellow engine light coming on. I replaced all hubs within 6 months, which did not stop the message from appearing. This has been happening for about a year. Humid or rainy days seemed to make the message appear more often although I don't have data. I replaced the 4 of the 8 plugs and wires one day in the front of the car, since it was a hot day I left the rear 4 for a cooler day about a month or so past and I found time to replace the rear four plugs and wires. Up to this point in time the message light continued to come on. Since I replaced the rear (near the fire wall) 4 plugs (about 3 weeks ago), the service traction control light has not come on. The only thing I can figure is that the wires were arching and potentially affecting the sensor wires, which are not far away, causing the issue. Since this is an easy and inexpensive service. Try it. I would not have believed it if I read it in a post like this, but it did stop the message from coming back on, no kidding. I have been looking for a remedy and reading lots of blogs with no real solution being posted. I sure there are other causes for theis problem (bad hubs for one), but there are lots of posts where folks like me have replaced the hubs with no affect to message light.
Old October 16th, 2013, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default traction control light came on because of the Steering wheel position sensor

I bought my 06 Trailblazer with 49k miles on it as I was driving it home from The Chevy Dealership the traction control sensor light came on. When I brought it back they told me the Steering wheel position sensor had gone bad and it wasn't covered under the 3 month warranty. They tried to charge me 700 dollars to fix it but we finally agreed upon 400 dollars. The Traction Control sensor light hasn't come back on in 3 years.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrac/traction control light coming on

My '06 Trailblazer which I just bought about a month ago, has the same problem. Took it to where I bought it. They check it for codes and found an inactive code #C0455 & C0244. Most likely cause is EBCM. They want me to bring it in, next time the light comes on, and they said they will replace the EBCM, at their expense.
Old November 4th, 2013, 7:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

jimstrailblazer,

I am glad to see you are able to have your concern addressed.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 4th, 2013, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Traction control issue

TY Erica. The dealership I bought it from is awesome (Key Auto, in Somersworth, NH). My wife has bought a couple vehicles there and this is my 1st. They also printed out a CARFAX @ my request and notified me of 1 open recall, which has been taken care of now. They go above and beyond their call of duty, which is nice nowadays, with the economy the way it is. I will buy from them again, in the future.
Old November 4th, 2013, 5:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Hey jimstrailblazer,

Great to hear that Key Auto has been such a great help to you! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 4th, 2013, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

TY Amber
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Official GM Rep

You're very welcome jimstrailblazer!

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care