TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

traction control service light on 06

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2014, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same problem. The traction light and the service traction lights came on at random times, but always went back off only when the car was restarted. I have had my trailblazer to the dealer multiple times over the past two years for this issue, and they think I am just a "crazy woman" because they have no idea what the problem could be. It never seems to happen when they are checking my vehicle. It is somewhat comforting to know that my trailblazer isn't the only one doing this, however I wish it would be fixed.
Old October 13th, 2014, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 2006 Trailblazer PO601 code

Trailblazer not wanting to start. When it starts the check engine light comes on, then stabili Trak service light comes on when it cuts off as well as the reduce engine power light. I was driving down the street, the car cut off. I have cleaned the throttle bottle and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes to reset the computer. The vehicle worked fine for a day. Then the issues started again. Two years ago I had to have the vehicle computer reprogrammed which was a nightmare. Since the reprogramming, my vehicle 3 of the 4 speaker wires of quite working, the light on the dash part of the stereo and ac control half work. I have researched this is a common issue for the trailblazer. Why isn't there a recall in place to fix these issue? How do I get this fixed.
Old October 14th, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Hate to say it but sell your chevy and find a reliable car manufacturer
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

So it looks like Chevy knows there is problem and can't figure it out. Just like the head lights just going out the recall is pending because they do not know why, I changed the head light switch and have had no trouble since. Of coarse they tell you just take it to the dealer and just about every thing I have read they don't fix it ether and charge any where from 300 to 700 depending on what they replace. So I guess I'll deal with the light.
Old January 17th, 2017, 1:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by B33p3r
Hate to say it but sell your chevy and find a reliable car manufacturer
Don't get a 2016 Toyota Tacoma! A friend got one and the transmission already failed. There was a big delay getting the dealer to fix it as they were having trouble getting the parts and replacement transmissions.
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help!!

I have an 07 trailblazer. A few days ago, I was driving at about 20mph and my traction control light came on and the car applied to brakes for me and we shuttered to a stop. Turned it off and back on. I had to take it to a mechanic and they replaced my steering wheel position sensor. That was yesterday. Today my traction control light and my service traction control light came on. Any ideas?
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Trailblazer and I've already replaced my steering wheel position sensor. The next day my traction control light and traction control service light are on again. Anyone else run into this?
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

I have had this problem in the past and I chased error codes from the steer position sensor to antilock brake sensors and back to position sensor etc etc etc. For lack of a better name, the anti lock brake/traction control power box is under your vehicle just about under your drivers seat. Open it up and clean it out. It gets filled with road dirt and such and shorts things out making you think you have error codes. Don't waste any more money until you clean that box.

Originally Posted by Allief6
I have an 07 trailblazer. A few days ago, I was driving at about 20mph and my traction control light came on and the car applied to brakes for me and we shuttered to a stop. Turned it off and back on. I had to take it to a mechanic and they replaced my steering wheel position sensor. That was yesterday. Today my traction control light and my service traction control light came on. Any ideas?
Old December 14th, 2017, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

The weakest link in the electrical circuit is the ignition switch. I know it doesn't seem like that makes sense but that is typically the problem. When you start getting the traction control light coming on and staying on, then heat acts up and also you can begin to have problems with the actual ignition turning over. $35 part and easy to swap. Have a great day.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Abs problem

I need help figuring this out before buying the trailblazer. The traction control kicks in randomly when braking and driving.
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
If all of you could direct message me about this issue that you are having I would be better able to handle your issues. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: traction control service light on 06