TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

traction control service light on 06

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2011, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reply

Originally Posted by bradleyesco22
ok i need some help. i have am 06 trailblazer lt. sometimes when i crank it up and start to drive the traction control service light comes on. now when i stop and turn off the vehicle an turn it back on the light is gone. auto zone plugged it up and of course it didnt throw a code then. so i was wondering if someone on here knew what was up. if you could let me know either on here or email me at bradley_esco@yahoo.com i would greatly appreciate it. thanx
I just had the same problem, but i have 06' impala. The dealer said it was the #1 spark plug and they are replacing it as we speak.
Old July 13th, 2011, 7:32 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by lisa79
I just had the same problem, but i have 06' impala. The dealer said it was the #1 spark plug and they are replacing it as we speak.
Let us know if that cures it. I just don't see how a bad spark plug can trigger a Stabilitrak light, but then again, I'm not a mechanic.
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
CF Active Member

I had to go to the Chevy dealer today and return the luggage rack cross bars my wife purchased there. I stopped in at the service center and talked to a tech and asked him about why so many people seem to be having problems with Stabilitrack on their GM vehicles. He said he's been there for 3 years and has yet to find a problem with the Stabilitrack system itself. He told me that it's due to the electronics of the ECU on the GM vehicles and the way it's set up. Any variation in a sensor will automatically cause a voltage drop and when it does that, the Stabilitrack light is programmed to come on too. So even if the fault is an O2 sensor, an EGR valve or some other type of problem, the ECU kicks on the Stabilitrak light too. He said he doesn't understand why the engineers designed it that way, but they did. So most of us can rest easy as far as that light goes. You just need to have the engine codes read first and see what the cause of the CEL is first. I hope this helps some others as far as this problem seems to be not a real problem at all.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything since the last post. I would not mind fixing it. Hopefully it is not to pricey.
Old January 10th, 2012, 9:17 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default re

I had the same issue. My lights came on. I have an 08 TB and rely on my stabilitrak. I took it to the dealer to have them look at it. It turns out that I had two issues. 1 was that the 'steering sensor" in the ST was bad AND 2- the computer controlling it was malfunctioning. the total repair cost was over 2,000. however, I have a 150 deductible through GM and I paid $288 with military discount. The worst thing is, I picked it up this evening and while driving home, my brakes were all but gone. I hope this helps you in your decision if you havent already made one.
Old December 15th, 2012, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

so pretty much just ignore the light unless blinking or dosnt reset
Old December 15th, 2012, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default stabilatrac lites on

my wifes tb06 is doing the same thing that i have read on here guess ill just wait to see if anything goes bad the dealer cant tell me why it does this
Old December 16th, 2012, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

That's the dangerous part. The vehicle cries wolf and trains us to ignore it. But then..............
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by presetc
my wifes tb06 is doing the same thing that i have read on here guess ill just wait to see if anything goes bad the dealer cant tell me why it does this
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> presetc,

Was your dealer able to pull any codes?

This issue may be resolved with an EBCM or ECM reprogram, depending on the root cause. This is only a suggestion, it is not meant as a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with your dealer for additional assistance.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 17th, 2012, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

no codes were detected drove in the rain all day no lite i just dont get it

Quick Reply: traction control service light on 06