Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Intermittent problem with power window going up

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2010, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tilting when going up

I have a 99 Venture. When the drivers side window goes up, it tilts, so much that I need to correct it and help it up. I replaced the motor and regulator a while back. Is there something that should be in the window track as a guide or something?
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James_Chevy_23
My driver side power window went down, did not come back up - cold drive home tonight! I pryed up the switch panel in the door (clips are at the front and back of the panel, push in with a flat head screwdriver), tested each of the wires to the switch with a multi-meter (key in access. position, touch each wire at the base of the connector while activating driver or passenger switches) and I thought the results were good. But I really thought it had to be the switch because it wasn't like the motor struggled to go up, there was zero response to the switch.

What worked: hotwired (got a spare piece of wire) the dark brown to the light blue wire (right in to the back end of the connector where the wires go in, connector still attached to the switch). I had tried light blue to dark blue - I smell smoke! Surprised I didn't blow the fuse.
Lastly I disconnected the switch to prevent further unpleasantness while I wait for the new switch to arrive.
This worked perfect!!! My husband changed the speakers in my front passenger door on my 07 Silverado, and we were testing the switches. When we rolled the window down it wouldn't go back up!! This post was the only thing that helped! It would have been a very cold ride to work in the am if we couldn't get it up!! Thank u so much!!!